Nordic Optical stainless steel pots

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one, it was starting to look like they'd finished up doing them, probably just waiting for a shipment :party:

Yeah, We had probably cleared them out the last time they had some in :) I got 4 (2 24.5L and 2 38.5L) from the last lot . . . Soon to be converted :clap:

Their supplier was probably tied up with that birds nest thingy stadium...

looks like the stadium has as many holes as the pots :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT....they're pretty good pots really :cool:

Vossy1 said:
Their supplier was probably tied up with that birds nest thingy stadium...

looks like the stadium has as many holes as the pots :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT....they're pretty good pots really :cool:

Not as many holes as when you're finished with them Vos :lol: :lol:

All I can see are the Thermo boxes. How easy are they to convert to a mash tun?
Is it the usual larger hole cut on the outside, and a smaller one to fit your connector on the inside?

Vossy1 said:
The smaller thermoboxes come with a tap fitted and if you don't like it you can just replace it.
The larger TB's have no tap and require drilling.

My TB is 70L and came with a tap, is 70 L small :roll: The tap is a piece of **** and there's no way you could trust it to do any job.

Vossy1 said:
Nordic Optical are back on e-bay with stock pots and thermoboxes :clap: :cool:
Long may cheap shiny continue :cool:

Has the **** just dropped out of the market :?: http ://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200246966814&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010 :eek:

Just wondering, who else but us would buy these? What other use is there for them, I could understand it if they were rectangular, would make it easier for packing things in but round, must only be for liquid eh.

j.b.

edit, just thinking of the thermo's without a tap

Just think of them as giant soup bowls that stay warm :D
Used by third party hospitality services to transport warm liquids, soups, stews etc, to events or dinners.

I got one of the 50l bain maries and it is fantastic. As Vossy says it only loses around a degree per hour.

ShinyMashTun.jpg

Did that come with a valve fitted Dunfie? It looks like you replaced the original. V1's mod comes from the bottom and outlets under the lockformed section.

Back