Not been this nervous since the missus had a baby!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
So, everythings built - boiler, 3-tier system, fermenting chamber etc. etc. 5kg of Maris Otter on the way, with black malt, SA-04, Goldings and Styrian. (TT Landlord clone). I know exactly what to do and when (plenty of brewing done but this is my first AG). So why have I got the jitters?!!

Because it is exciting. Made almost 50 kit brews since the re-discovery of HB and 5 partial mash brews to date. Still feeling the anticipation of the next one. The first with 2kg (as opposed to 1.5kg) of actual grain. There are few things in life that even come close.:thumb:

Because it is great, part of what I love about the hobby is the actual brewing.

I loved making the kits, but now moving onto mashing and adding hops has made me love it even more.

I just love making beer i give more away than i drink just love making it and with help from a few of the nice chaps on here ive made some great beers and the crack is good on here !. My wife moans saying if your not drinking it your making it or talking about it, If she didnt moan as much maybe i would not do any of these:lol:

grand choice for the first brew MM .

just take it easy on brewday, if you screw up ( i did and then some on my first brewday) Take it in your stride and carry on, The brewing gods smile on virgin brewers and will bless your beer with great flavour and substance..

just remember beer wants to be brewed and as a brewer all your doing is helping it along ;)

Hope you have a grand problem free brewday and have the digi camera to hand to take loads of pics of your progress and practice..

ps once mashed in and closed LEAVE THE TUN ALONE AND CLOSED FOR THE FULL 90 MINS...

again enjoy...

What is love to say is MAN UP MANSE!

but I know where you're coming from.

I've got to the point where Im more excited about making the next brew than I am about drinking the current stash. It's so bad that my current brew is still not bottled and I've already moved on in my mind to my black citra ipa. Im giving stuff away too as have way more than I'll ever drink and making more.

Still, nothing beats the delicious, but nerve-wracking anticipation of opening / pouring the first pint of a batch...

Good luck Manse we're all rooting for you mate, make sure you post when you're done for the day and let us know how it all went.

You are very kind sir,

I most certainly will. Might even do a youtube and put it to music (google beer beer we want more beer, but only if you are not easily offended!!)

Back