Ordering My AG supplies: Need some help with planning my buy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samwise

Reaction score
I've finished building my AG set up (Will put up some pics the the equipment section later). Now though I need to plan some brews so I can get a big order of supplies in.

I'm wanting to do a big-ish order so I only pay the postage once. I've got about £60 to spend.

So far I'm leaning towards doing some wheat beers and a few different ales. A Timothy Taylors clone, a Thirst Gold and a few more. What I'd like a bit of help with is what I should buy in so that I have a good basic selection of grains hops and yeasts to do a variety of brews.

I've already got a 25kg sack of Marris Otter on the list along with some Wheat malt, hallertauer mittelfruh, goldings and fuggles hops.

Are there any must buys? Or any recipes that people would recommend for an AG beginner.

Ta

Crystal malt for sure, used in the majority of ales. Depends what you like really, if you're not a dark ale man there's no point getting chocolate or black malt.

Where are you buying from?

Will be buying from either the Malt MIller of the Homebrew Company. Depends which one has everything I want at the best price. I do like dark ales, but as I'm new to AG I want to brew a few different beers using basic malts and experimenting a bit with the hops and yeasts so I can see how they affect the brews.

Latest posts

Back