Out of the shadows...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneedhearn

And it ain't a fit night out for man nor beast!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I have been lurking on this forum since late 2019. Sorry about that, I have no reasonable defense to offer.

That said, I've been dabbling with home brewing and winemaking on and off for 40 years with mixed results. Now as I creep cautiously towards retirement I've decided to give it a more serious whirl.

So I've bought a 20L Speidel Braumeister, converted an old Shetland pony stable at the side of my house into a brewing area and purchased a couple of all grain kits from the lads up the road at Get 'Er Brewed.

Thanks for all the marvellous info that I have gleaned from this site to date and I hope I can give some back in due course...

Looking forward to getting started.

Welcome, stable sounds great , but get the impression there is limited headroom !
Surprisingly not, they must have had tall Shetlands or a tall stable hand :D

Here are a few pics of the stages I went through. Just the cabinetry to install now.

Attachments

• Stage 1.jpeg
    Stage 1.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Stage 2.jpeg
    Stage 2.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Stage 3.jpeg
    Stage 3.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Stage 4.jpeg
    Stage 4.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
Wow, what a great brew space! Welcome to the forum!
Thank you. We bought the house just over 3 years ago so during lockdown I had time to ponder how to make this dead space useful. Quite a bit of thought has gone into it and I'm well chuffed with the result.

Back