Outside temp and storage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacedhopper

Reaction score
I'm sure this has probably been discussed before, I'm storing my conditioning bottles in my shed with a towel over them for comfort! Lol

Now the temperature is dropping will this affect my beer!?? Anyone had any mishaps from storing in a shed/garage ?

As long as the temperature in your shed stays above the freezing point of your brew I'm sure they'll be fine. Lower temperatures also cause the beer to absorb more Co2 so you may get a bit more fizz.

Lower temperatures also cause the beer to absorb more Co2 so you may get a bit more fizz.
They certainly do! (just ask the wife about her ceiling):D (Although to be fair they were a bit over primed as well)!

If you store in a shed (in boxes I presume) go to your local pet shop and buy a bag of hay, fill in between the bottles with this hay and they will never freeze, you can keep on re-using they hay forever.

If you store in a shed (in boxes I presume) go to your local pet shop and buy a bag of hay, fill in between the bottles with this hay and they will never freeze, you can keep on re-using they hay forever.

That sounds like a great idea. We've always got hay lying around somewhere for the guinea pig. I was starting to worry about having my beer in my shed at this time of year.:D

If its a wooden shed, even better...timber is a great insulator. I live in the West Mids and have never known the inside of my wooden shed to freeze. I keep my dahlia tubers in there, and theyre always fine. The biggest problem is the HB doesn't like major, rapid, fluctuations in temp. So when you want a few beers, bring the up to required temp gradually. I mean over 4 or 5 days

Latest posts

Back