Panel Wiring Diagram

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hone_Brew

Reaction score
Hello All, I've spent the last couple of weeks revising, revising and re-revising my panel design....

After a good few days of decision overload/paralysis I've settled on the following config...

Anyhoo, I'd appreciate it if those of you with a bit of experience with such things would have a wee look.

I'd be grateful for any feed-back or questions. I might even post some build photos as I get started.

BTW I've never tried anything quite this complex before so please don't assume I have a clue what I'm doing!!!! :grin:

Many thanks in advance.

Version 9 - 12 Volt.jpg

The wiring looks sound. The switch on the left will switch the PID and 16A socket, the switch on the right will switch the 16A socket only, leaving the PID on, presumably to monitor temperature. The switch in the middle will switch everything including the C13 sockets.
Btw what are the C13 sockets for?

I would think Switch and lamp before the pwm

I would also switch the 12V Transformer at the 240V side rather than after. Although the way shown means all your switching is low voltage, I'm just thinking save a bit of power and rather than transformer running all the time heating the enclosure.

Looks nice neat and simple a like it

Thanks for the responses.

The C13 sockets will be for 12v pumps. Not an ideal connection but small and neat.

Great point about the PWM going after the switch and lamp... otherwise a dim lamp!!!

The button shown to the immediate right of the 12v supply will be an NC ESB.

I'll revise the drawing and post it for reference.

Thanks again for your comments.

Back