paulaner clone weissbier including pictures

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittsy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Done all my cleaning tonight ready for a brew , had a few **** brews the last 2 but i think that was down to **** malts from crappy shop .So had a bulk order off malt miller , my best brews have been from there grains .Gonna have an early ish start as im off to a BBQ tomorrow and im taking some beer and some Ginger ale ive brewed , i hope to get a few people messed up with the ginger ale lol , well here's my brew a Paulaner clone weissbier .

52% 3.000 Dingemans Pilsner 82% 10

47% 3.300 Dingemans Belgian Pale Wheat 73% 3

2% 0.100 Weyermann Caramunich III 73% 144

Batch size: 23.0 liters
Original Gravity

Final Gravity

Color
17° EBC / 8° SRM
(Gold to Copper)

hops
USE TIME GRAMS VARIETY FORM AA

boil 60 mins 25 Hallertauer Hersbrucker leaf 4.1

boil 15 mins 15 Hallertauer Hersbrucker leaf 4.1

Bitterness
11.6 IBU / 4 HB

White Labs Hefeweizen Ale (WLP300) info
ale yeast in liquid form with low flocculation and 74% attenuation edit

Alcohol
5.5% est.

first mash in protein rest at 44C for 60 mins (this is where im at now), going to bring it up to 62C for a further 30 mins then taking approx 7 litres out of tun and gently heat up to 72c and rest for 15 mins then bring to boil for another 15 mins then return slowly to tun at around 88c hopefully bringing mash to 76c to mash out , then 2nd mash (batch ) some pics will follow but may not be posted till tomorrow (BBQ later at friends)

23 litres for brew , 36 litres in total , first mash in 21litres (15 then add 6 to raise temp) 2nd mash 15 litres 30 ish for boil hopefully just about ready for 2nd mash , popped out a little behind now

where its all happens in my shed
DSCF1268.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

protein rest
DSCF1270-Copy.jpg

DSCF1269-1.jpg

decoction
DSCF1272.jpg

mash out
DSCF1276.jpg

boil on with hops
DSCF1277.jpg

a beer while i wait a hoegaarden clone
DSCF1271.jpg

DSCF1275.jpg

now just a waiting game till i can drink some :cheers:

This 1s ready to bottle but gonna leave it a couple more days to clean up finished at 1010 started at 1044 (efficiency a little low, adjusted software ) still a pleasant 4.5% vol , got a blond ale and a marzen fermenting also and gonna do a 70 -30% wheat weissbier on friday

going to try first wheat beer over the long weekend, I thinking of a 50 / 50 mix and step infusion. I do have a pump and some copper tube so might be tempted to set up a herms for the temp control, but would this risk a stuck mash?

possible , i would aim for a 60-40% wheat to 2 row if i was you and make sure you do a protein rest at 44c for around 20 to 40 mins then up it to normal etc ferment at 18c , if you add rice hulls this helps prevent stuck mash (although ive never used em)...good luck

Hulls (rice, buckwheat, oat) are not required if the amt of wheat is reasonable (up to 65-70%) unless you have really big holes in false bottom. I had to use buckwheat hulls only in 100% wheat beer.

This was Gratzer, nearly extinct traditional style, once brewed in western Poland. 100% wheat malt, dried over oak smoke. Strong hop character from Lomik hops. Top fermented with non-floculent yeast at ~18*C, then cleared and bottle conditioned with lager yeast. It was called "Polish Champagne".

BY2009_08_22_0411%20plakat.jpg

I never had a "normal" weissbier made of 100% wheat.

adomant said:
an evening with some Germans
56b1fa33-a71e-8968.jpg

I think it's great the way the German's recycle their bottles, hence the scuffed glass on the bottles. Fat chance of that happening here.

Latest posts

Back