PC screen/monitor advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years before I left IT we were all moved to 85Hz or better refresh monitors on Health&Safety grounds. But that's working under fluorescent lighting which exacerbates the problem. Some people had daylight bulb lamps next to the monitor. At home I rarely use the computer without using the downlighters immediately above the monitor, make a big difference.

I'm running a 242 HP LP2475W here at home with Brightness at 20 and contrast at 99 . . .although I have an i1 match calibration device , and work with a daylight lamp above the monitor, but not shining on it.

No issues with this setup and the screen refresh is only 60Hz

At work I have another (cheaper) HP 24" screen, which I calibrate with my i1, but it does not compare (but at 1/4 of the price you shouldn't expect it to).

If I had my pick of screen the the professional Eizo monitors would be right at the top of the list

Slightly OT

Aleman said:
although I have an i1 match calibration device

I really should get something like that one day. I've edited many photos in CS2 with just trial and error calibration...

I use dell P2011 (I think thats the model) at the moment and they're not bad, picked them up second hand for £95 a piece without stands then bought a VESA mount for £45.
The quality is very good, I do video editing, design work and gaming on my rig.

I think you'd definitely benefit from a larger screen.

Latest posts

Back