PCO38 threaded bottle in UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a bottle that would fit the pco38 fitting pictured below in the UK.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230207_164312.jpg
    20230207_164312.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230207_164306.jpg
    20230207_164306.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
Not sure anyone in Britain is stocking the Kegland Oxebar PET kegs yet, and postage from their Aliexpress wasn't cheap last time I looked.

Options are a bit limited as they're 38mm rather than the usual 28mm on soda pop bottles.

Something like this jerry can seems to be the biggest volume you'll get - 5 Litre Natural Plastic Jerry Can & Screw Cap - Ampulla Ltd

Not sure if it would be suitable for fermented and cerbonated wort though

Not sure anyone in Britain is stocking the Kegland Oxebar PET kegs yet, and postage from their Aliexpress wasn't cheap last time I looked.

Options are a bit limited as they're 38mm rather than the usual 28mm on soda pop bottles.

Something like this jerry can seems to be the biggest volume you'll get - 5 Litre Natural Plastic Jerry Can & Screw Cap - Ampulla Ltd

Not sure if it would be suitable for fermented and cerbonated wort though
Good shout that. I'm sure I saw somewhere someone said they used a 3l pop bottle but clearly not.
I feel an experiment may be required. I only wanted it as over flow if I fill the Corny. I guess if it was stuck in thr dark that leave the only question at pressure rating, though I do have a 1 bar prv I could saw out for the kit one.

This is a screw top from a Lipton's ice tea 500ml bottle. There are loads of other bottles with this size screw top. Also, do Pepsi still make wide neck bottles? They might be the right size and possibly come in bigger than 500ml.
DSC_0037.JPG

Hello :)

This may not specifically helpful but I thought I'd chip in for solidarity as for the last several days I've been trying to work out something similar. Originally spurred on by the idea of those same 8L bottles I bought a couple of 25L HDPE Jerry cans recently specififcally to use as no chill primary fermenters, they are rated at up to 21.7psi. The only downside is, there is only a single cap, it's a 61DIN spout cap. I've been trawling the web for days trying to learn about thread measurements to find a way of adding disconnects to a single cap. I've been looking at different lids, adapters, etc. Anyway, yesterday I decided to just give it a bash and I've got 2 gas and liquid bulkhead disconnects on the way from aliexpress, my hope is that with a lid blank I may be able to fit them and then apart from a prv i'm there.

However! I wish I had seen your post 12 hours earlier as I might have held off and bought one of those fittings instead and tried to find a suitable 38mm neck vessel, is there a specific size you're after? It looks like it's the big juice containers, sunny delight kinda things. Are thread adapters a thing you can get easily? If you could get something that went from a 38mm to a 61mm, we'd be laughing!

Cheers

Might be that the 38mm is the same size as some of the petling formers that you can buy to put ispindels etc in.

But then you'd be into blowing your own bottle from the former which could be interesting!!

Missed out on these, the heads went out of stock while looking at spunding valves.

Back