Philistine alert

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this thread, as I love discovering new brews and differing opinions of them.
For a long time all I ever drank was Guinness. The Missus got so fed up of me moaning about how it's changed (or my taste buds have?) that she bought me a dozen bottles of Mud City Stout (summat/summit like that) to shut me up.
It shut me up all right. I quaffed the lot and woke up in the greenhouse.

I normally drink IPA and golden ales. Mud city is what got me drinking the darker ales.

And now brewing them.

Don't forget brew dog. A good craft beer/corporation (oxymoron)

5am saint beef pie is a must! Pm me if you want the details. Or is there a cooking with craft beer thread?

5AM pie eh?
Thanks for the offer but I suspect it'd be 5.07AM fire brigade if I got involved.

a) I can't cook
b) Mud City Stout, I don't know if it's a nationwide chain, but my Missus goes to a shop for beer called B&M. Similar to supermarkets but cheaper. I'm guessing it's cheaper as she's coming back with bottles of pedigree as well

a) I can't cook
b) Mud City Stout, I don't know if it's a nationwide chain, but my Missus goes to a shop for beer called B&M. Similar to supermarkets but cheaper. I'm guessing it's cheaper as she's coming back with bottles of pedigree as well

There's a big B&M near me on the Old Kent Road might have to wander down there and try out this mud city stout

My little rip off Tesco express had them in an ale promotion.

We have b&m im sure. Is it the Orange and blue one?

Any philistines here should get themselves down to Wetherspoons for the real ale festival. Use Ratebeer etc. to check beer ratings if you're not familiar with any. The Bengali Tiger is now on cask. 6.4% and �£2.00 odd a pint...

I hope my spoons has the Bengali Tiger. :thumb:

Just be careful..... It's a beast of a beer. Interesting that the malt flavour doesn't have the sweetness of the US canned version. I'd be interested to try some of their pale malt some time.

Also try the John Bull - Stout, Oakleaf - 10 Little Acorns, and Fork & Brewer - Low Blow.

Everards - Stateside Rye is boring and not worth trying in my opinion. Also, the Cigar City / Caledonian collaboration tastes like pisswater. Shame, as Cigar City are excellent.

I hope my spoons has the Bengali Tiger. :thumb:

I was in victoria station spoons yesterday and when I was eventually served :roll:and asked for a bengali she said , in a can?

I remembered this thread and asked for a pint on tap :-)

reply: we have it here but can't put it on until something else runs out :-(

unfortunatly most of the orders were being placed for mass produced cat's p**s and as you know that NEVER runs out so I had the canned version and a nice bottle of tulcher weiss beer instead!

enjoyed mud city... cant wait to brew my own stout but will have to wait till next weekend as my coopers FV is currently full of AIPA

picked up some hobgoblin uncle fester earlier, will try later

I was in victoria station spoons yesterday and when I was eventually served :roll:and asked for a bengali she said , in a can?

I remembered this thread and asked for a pint on tap :-)

reply: we have it here but can't put it on until something else runs out :-(

unfortunatly most of the orders were being placed for mass produced cat's p**s and as you know that NEVER runs out so I had the canned version and a nice bottle of tulcher weiss beer instead!

Did you make it down to Ubrew btw? What did you think?

Latest posts

Back