Plate analysis

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this plate green or blue?

• Green

• Blue

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm colour blind, which is a badly named term because often it's not a blindness but more a complication of being able to see more colours in something, hence having difficulty identifying. I understand why most people would call the plate blue, but there is some green in there. Not enough to call it turquoise, but sufficient to cause confusion with some people. If you really want to know, contact the manufacturer and ask them what they mix for their colours. Is it denby? Nice plate regardless.

I also asked the question on Facebook and it was unanimously blue (apart from a couple of comedians who thought they were being funny). :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you AG, but yes it was me who thought it was blue. 🤣 ;)

The photo that I took, was the one inside the house that you thought was grey.

The husband's pic was taken outside on a concrete slab. I think he actually realised it wasn't green when he saw that pic, and when photoshop recognised the colour as blue.

We both agreed his pic was a better representation of the colour though so I deleted mine.

Interesting experiment though I guess, and as you rightly mentioned at the beginning, similar to the dress thing that got everyone talking on social media.

I also asked the question on Facebook and it was unanimously blue (apart from a couple of comedians who thought they were being funny). :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you AG, but yes it was me who thought it was blue. 🤣 ;)

The photo that I took, was the one inside the house that you thought was grey.

The husband's pic was taken outside on a concrete slab. I think he actually realised it wasn't green when he saw that pic, and when photoshop recognised the colour as blue.

We both agreed his pic was a better representation of the colour though so I deleted mine.

Interesting experiment though I guess, and as you rightly mentioned at the beginning, similar to the dress thing that got everyone talking on social media.
The dress thing was much more ambiguous. I also remember that it depended on the screen/sunlight where you were viewing it (which is probably why it was so controversial). I remember at one point, we had two phones side-by-side, both with the same picture on it. One looked white/gold and the other black/blue (or whatever colours it was).

The dress thing was much more ambiguous.

Yes I guess you're right.

The aim of the experiment though was to find out if one of us had eyes that were tricking us. For example, I remember watching a family on gogglebox, all looking at the same tv screen. 2 of them saw one colour and 2 of them saw another.

I watched a documentary on it once, and it explained we all see things differently.

You shouldn't believe everything you see on tv though 🤣

I'm colour blind, which is a badly named term because often it's not a blindness but more a complication of being able to see more colours in something, hence having difficulty identifying. I understand why most people would call the plate blue, but there is some green in there. Not enough to call it turquoise, but sufficient to cause confusion with some people. If you really want to know, contact the manufacturer and ask them what they mix for their colours. Is it denby? Nice plate regardless.

Perhaps my husband is the same way as you, who knows?

We always fight over pink and purple as well 🤣

I'll ask my 6 yr old tomorrow - he's colour deficient (basically colour blind in old money). Originally 'total' colour blind but down dialled to protan (red/green) deficient.

The tests blew my mind - he could see shapes and numbers that non deficient people can't, which was a bit unsettling.

As for the plate, he'll probably tell me that it's orange!

I'll ask my 6 yr old tomorrow - he's colour deficient (basically colour blind in old money). Originally 'total' colour blind but down dialled to protan (red/green) deficient.

The tests blew my mind - he could see shapes and numbers that non deficient people can't, which was a bit unsettling.

As for the plate, he'll probably tell me that it's orange!

Bless him!

Looking forward to his opinion! 😁

Latest posts

Back