PONK THUD....what was that noise...?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Egon

Reaction score
Ah, seems i may have bottled my raspberry hooch a bit early... :whistle: :hmm:

The ponk noise was the bottle base going, the thuk noise must have been the surface to cieling missile hitting the lid of the brew bucket that it was stored in, then hitting the cieling and makeing a great cap shaped dent in the plasterboard cieling, before showering everything in fizzy raspberry/sugary/yeasty hooch..:D

Wife wasnt impressed... :rofl: :wha:

I always put any bottles that I do into a large plastic box with a lid...that way if one goes bang...it all stays in one place, easy to clean up :thumb:

so you have a bucket full of bottle bombs, good job they are PET bottles.

They must be really early if they're doing that to pet bottles.
in the beginning I done a few to early in pet, but only ended up with solid bottles that once opened fizzed that much there would only be a dribble left in the bottle, but I've been lucky enough to avoid any scuds.

alawlor66430 said:
They must be really early if they're doing that to pet bottles.
in the beginning I done a few to early in pet, but only ended up with solid bottles that once opened fizzed that much there would only be a dribble left in the bottle, but I've been lucky enough to avoid any scuds.

That's what I was thinking!!! Normally PETs need truly magnificent forces to get them to pop!

I see they're crown capped...? What was in them originally or did you source new crown cappable bottles???

The bottles were about 6 months old, had been used a couple of times. The bottle has delaminated as well as detonated!
Makes me think i should use my hydrometer more and PET less!! :D

Latest posts

Back