Potential bottle carbonation tip

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assumed one of the reasons for getting a zevro thing was that you didn't need a funnel. Is that not the case? If you are going to have to sterilise and dry a funnel you may as well use a measuring spoon I woikd have thought
The dispersion from the zevro is too wide, you need a funnel, but I sterilise a small funnel in advance so it’s dry. I then go from bottle to bottle with the zevro in one hand, and the funnel in another… it can be done instantly in one movement and is significantly quicker than using a measuring spoon.

I mean, we may be splitting hairs over a minute or two, but it all adds up I guess!

For years I used a Calpol measuring spoon (small end 2.5ml) and had good results.
Lost it then bought a selection of measuring spoons from the £ shop again good results.
Not really a faff - just the odd bottle I miss but catch those before bottling (always look into the bottle before filling ...).

FFS. (Sorry) You don't need a sterile funnel.
The bottle opening is not much bigger that the slots on the Zevro inserts. Additionally, you can't see through the base of the dispenser to line it up.... you must be a sublime shot not to make a mess and get sugar everywhere!

The bottle opening is not much bigger that the slots on the Zevro inserts. Additionally, you can't see through the base of the dispenser to line it up.... you must be a sublime shot not to make a mess and get sugar everywhere!

Sorry my bad.. the key word was "sterile".

Yes I use a funnel with mine... Sooo quick.

You would think someone with a 3d printer would make a zevro click on funnel mod... Hmmm watch this space.

Sorry my bad.. the key word was "sterile".

Yes I use a funnel with mine... Sooo quick.

You would think someone with a 3d printer would make a zevro click on funnel mod... Hmmm watch this space.
It doesn't take long with a funnel and measuring spoon either, especially if I stopped sterilising them (which I'm too paranoid to do). I'm not sold on your gadget MashBag

I can dose bottles almost 1 per second. No mess. Job done.
23l batch bottled in about 50 mins and then back on heat.

Each to there own. Everyone finds their own way.

Ps. This bit might make to shudder, but nothing is sterilised. I use it from dry, lines, filter, taps the lot. Tbh it don't occur to me.

Last edited:
Ok, fair point about sloppy use of 'sterilised'. Should have said sanitised.

Agree there is no one answer to this stuff. Just voicing an opinion.

Guys, I agree, I got quite slick with a homemade gunpowder cup too.

Time doesn't necessarily win out over everything .

But as a recommendation this is accurate, fast, clean and very convenient sugar dosing. And makes bottling easier.

It isn't a surprise 😁 like with the rest of my brewing, I researched an efficient route for the best bottling process.

Ok, fair point about sloppy use of 'sterilised'. Should have said sanitised.

Agree there is no one answer to this stuff. Just voicing an opinion.

I wasn't trying to score a point.

I meant I really, literally "use it from dry"
My bottling contraption lives in a bucket. I assembly it and get beer to the party taps.

I then drain & dose the bottles, then sit and fill. Crate at a time.

No santiser/steriliser/washing/drainingy etc. Nowt. Like in my kitchen equipment it gets washed up and put away clean, after I have used it.

I think the funnel needs to slot neatly on the bottom and have a tang from the top lip, that locates inbetween your 3rd & little finger when you are using it.

Latest posts

Back