Public warned of DPD delivery scam by Cumbria Trading Standards

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned in another thread but as it was a few pages long i thought it best to post the warning here.

CUMBRIA Trading Standards have issued a warning regarding a scam claiming that the recipient has missed a parcel delivery.

They said: "The Chartered Trading Standards Institute has received evidence of a delivery email scam targeting the public.

"The email claims that the recipient missed a parcel delivery by DPD and that a new delivery will need to be scheduled."
The email contains a link, supposedly to schedule a new delivery; however, the linked page requests that the individual pay a sum of money. This is simply an attempt to steal money from the recipient.

To report scams, contact Action Fraud, or if in Scotland, contact Police Scotland.

To report email scams, contact the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) by emailing [email protected]

For consumer advice, please call the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 0808 223 1133

The public and businesses are encouraged to join Friends Against Scams and Businesses Against Scams, respectively. These initiatives aim to protect and prevent people and businesses from becoming scam victims by empowering them to take a stand against scams.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/19031691.public-warned-dpd-delivery-scam-cumbria-trading-standards/

Sadly more than usual scams going round atm, another one is a text message saying your PayPal is locked please click the link to sign in and unlock your acc.
DO NOT click on any links from text messages people, if in any doubt please ask friends or family.

Thankfully most of us are aware of these kinds of scams, but the less tech people get caught out and ripped off 😡

Thankfully most of us are aware of these kinds of scams, but the less tech people get caught out and ripped off 😡

I always post these scam warning knowing most of us don't need them if they save one person falling victim its worth the time taken to post them.

Latest posts

Back