Quality kit for Christmas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking to do the Muntons Santa but having read the reviews and followed this I'm now not so sure and will probably go for another Admirals.
On another note we are spending Christmas at the inlaws so I am wondering about when to take the barrel round as I presume it would need time to settle back down.

If you are able to, I'd brew it around September/October, barrel it and take it straight round and let it condition in situ at the in-laws. Mine was not disturbed after being barrelled but didn't start to drop clear until about 3 weeks in, so I'd say at least a months clearing time to be on the safe side, but really, the longer the better.

Hope that helps,

FatCol :cheers:

Well, it's the opening game of the World Cup tonight, which means barrels 1 & 2 will be emptied in enthusiastic fashion (with help of course :whistle:).

I shall miss the Admiral and hope to make his acquaintance again soon.

Hope yours turns out well Andy - let me know what you think of it once you've tried it.

FatCol :thumb:

Will do mate, thanks, would be watching the game myself but will be out tonight. Need to get down the not so good Youngs Definitive Lager kit I brewed. :-|

Bottled up the Brewferm Christmas kit and it smells amazing. I know just how good it smells because I accidentally smashed a bottle of it on the floor (after eight previous brew days).

The kit says to not add any extra sugar but I like a bit of head (who doesn't) and so added a 1/4 of a teaspoon just to get the fizz up and running.

Roll on December!

Latest posts

Back