Quick sparge / Low OG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No not really... 😀
It's indicative but being beside the elements and dependant on flow it's prone to wonky readings. I used to use a temp probe to measure the output from the pump in the stream going back into the kettle, which worked well, and compared favourably to a long probe inserted into the mash. Then I bought a cheap inline temp probe that I fit to the top just above the valve. The temp scale is pretty accurate measured against my probe, and I can also fit it to my plate chiller to read wort temp when chilling.
Was cheap on Aliexpress with some camlock fittings and has improved my brews heaps, no more chill haze since I started using it...
20230124_180225_copy_574x1020.jpg

20230124_182118_copy_574x1020.jpg

No not really... 😀
It's indicative but being beside the elements and dependant on flow it's prone to wonky readings. I used to use a temp probe to measure the output from the pump in the stream going back into the kettle, which worked well, and compared favourably to a long probe inserted into the mash. Then I bought a cheap inline temp probe that I fit to the top just above the valve. The temp scale is pretty accurate measured against my probe, and I can also fit it to my plate chiller to read wort temp when chilling.
Was cheap on Aliexpress with some camlock fittings and has improved my brews heaps, no more chill haze since I started using it...
View attachment 88050
View attachment 88051

That looks a winner, thanks.

Back