Racist abuse aimed at football players will it ever stop?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Zaha thing, although totally wrong, has been publicised so much because it was a 12 year child involved. Watch a Celtic or Rangers football match any weekend and it is pure hatred yet nothing is said. I'm certain that the clowns in the stands do not even realise what they are singing about yet in Scotland our government brushes it under the carpet so not to upset one side nor the other.

The attempts at trying to fix all forms of discrimination are wrong though. "Black Lives Matter" is just another bad example, surely framing it like that is not the answer, why not "Every life is equal" or something similar. The whole GBLT thing does not do it properly either. Why have a gay pride march or a gay club, that to me is just discrimination the opposite way round.

The problem with BLM as an organisation, is it is used as a vehicle for far left political idiology, by weaponising race.
99.99% of people believe that everybody from all backgrounds should have the same rights and equal opportunities.

It's racism if someone is calling you an Irish *******, or singing songs about the country you were born or live. The same way it's racism to discriminate against the travelling community
Depends how you define race, but yeah that could be called racist for sure, You didn't mention the abuse for being Irish in the earlier post though.

The problem with BLM as an organisation, is it is used as a vehicle for far left political idiology, by weaponising race.
99.99% of people believe that everybody from all backgrounds should have the same rights and equal opportunities.
Is it tinfoil hat time again? You honestly think some far left cabal is orchestrating the BLM movement from the shadows?

Is it tinfoil hat time again? You honestly think some far left cabal is orchestrating the BLM movement from the shadows?
Is it head in the sand time again? You honestly think the BLM movement doesn't have senior people advocating 'an end to capitalism' and other neo-marxist tropes?

Is it head in the sand time again? You honestly think the BLM movement doesn't have senior people advocating 'an end to capitalism' and other neo-marxist tropes?
The burden of proof is on you if you're making that claim.

I think racism is the wrong term, we are all members of the human race and that's the message that should come across. However some groups within the human race are treated as second class people because of the colour of their skin or their religious faith or their sexuality, this is what needs stamping out.
Funny thing in English football is that the ones who get abused are the British coloured players not the overseas ones like Henry, Drogba etc.

No need for a tin hat, plenty of proof out there. Founders are self confessed Marxists.
https://uk.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fundAbout two weeks ago the text also included dismantling the nuclear family and defunding the police.
They dropped that when the MSM started talking about it.

Is racism only seen in football. What about cricket, golf , tennis, rugby. I like watching Ireland play rugby even through I have never played myself. I like the fact that both opposition fans can share the same stand without looking to kill each other.

Racism comes in many forms, it's not just about colour. You look at the abuse James mc Clean gets from the English media. Every ground he plays in he is abused. He's had bullets sent to his house, death threats. Regularly abused online on a daily basis. His crime, refusing to wear a Poppy.
I wouldn't wear a poppy either (or didn't used to) so that those who took an interes would ask my why not. Our veterans should be looked after by the state and by the government who employed them, not by charities. Many of these people have given more than their physical health to serve the country they love, but their mental health as well. Many are homeless and unemployable. Total alcoholics and drug addicts trying to block out the terrible things they've seen and done. They need care and treatment at a level that isn't available. So I do my bit by making a statement by not wearing a poppy and let the "more virtuous than thou" brigade make what they want of it.
I've never heard of Mc Lean as I don't follow soccer, but I've just had a bit of a look on Google and it seems to be nothing to do with racism. Why would he honour British soldiers if he didn't see eye to eye with them during the "troubles"? That's not racism, it's politics. Its like people of my persuasion making the point at every opportunity that Boris is a thoroughly bad egg. That's got nothing to do with the fact that he's American with a touch of Turkish delight.

Is racism only seen in football. What about cricket, golf , tennis, rugby. I like watching Ireland play rugby even through I have never played myself. I like the fact that both opposition fans can share the same stand without looking to kill each other.
I haven't come across any overt racism at Leicester Tigers, though I typically only make it to a couple of games a season. When I was a youth I played for Orrell (remember Orrell?) and was a devoted supporter. I was ashamed to see one of our players racially abuse Victor Ubogu of Bath - it was a massive mistake on his part as Ubogu was built like a tank, it took the rest of the Bath pack to stop him marmalising the Orrell man.

They are extremists the same as Britain first. The later now sounding like Christian fundamentalists because they have learned if you use religion it gives you a free pass to look down on others.
Apparently we now have "white privilege", tell that to those that have been living on sink estates for generations.
It's not race but the class/ upward mobility/ educational problem we have that effects the majority of peoples outcomes in this country.

They are extremists the same as Britain first. The later now sounding like Christian fundamentalists because they have learned if you use religion it gives you a free pass to look down on others.
Apparently we now have "white privilege", tell that to those that have been living on sink estates for generations.
It's not race but the class/ upward mobility/ educational problem we have that effects the majority of peoples outcomes in this country.
Bob Dylan wrote about white trash in the song "only a pawn in their game"
As follows "you're better than them you were born with white skin". Some poor whites need to have someone to look down on and they hate it when the ones they look down on do well e.g footballers.

I think its much simpler especially where so called football fans are concerned, they hate the opposition players they are in a group so feel fairly sure they will not get caught so they abuse the black players to put them off their game, the funny (or not so funny) thing is they will idolise the black players in their team yet are too dumb to realise the same racist abuse will effect those players.

Last edited:
Bob Dylan wrote about white trash in the song "only a pawn in their game"
As follows "you're better than them you were born with white skin". Some poor whites need to have someone to look down on and they hate it when the ones they look down on do well e.g footballers.
I came from a sink estate in Bradford & it's like living in a different world. Mass unemployment in the 80's changed everything.
The BBC series The boys from the black-stuff was pretty spot on but didn't delve too deep into the misery of it.
A large section actually look at the outside as a place to mingle & make a living on top of benefits. They see the "haves" as the enemy to be exploited at will as they are exploited themselves.
I witnessed grandfathers who had a job when they were young sniffing glue on the porch to a father who's nappied child would fetch his dads glue from the cupboard when he managed to get out of bed, without his dad asking.
Two blokes I knew of kept their horse in the kitchen, who's head would stick out of the window watching the world go by, one delivery guy crashed his van when he saw it. :laugh8:
You would struggle to get them back into the "mainstream" because they have learned to make a "living" in the free time they have whilst on a subsistence level of benefits. It's too risky to get a proper job because you may lose it & have a period without benefits a catch 22 so the choice was a job on the fiddle.
I didn't see too much white privilege going on. In fact the horses got more attention from the RSPCA. :laugh8:

I haven't come across any overt racism at Leicester Tigers, though I typically only make it to a couple of games a season. When I was a youth I played for Orrell (remember Orrell?) and was a devoted supporter. I was ashamed to see one of our players racially abuse Victor Ubogu of Bath - it was a massive mistake on his part as Ubogu was built like a tank, it took the rest of the Bath pack to stop him marmalising the Orrell man.
I go to Tigers a few times myself and have never seen it either as when I visit other grounds. I know in Tigers they are quite good recently in trying to embrace the multi culture with having bangra dancers on the pitch and warm up and their new away strip is very colourful.

I have been to the ricoh arena on back to back days when Covenrty City played and Wasps played and it was mad the difference it was all tribal on the football day. I guess because of this tribal warefare and screaming "w***ers" at a block of other fans I guess there is less of a filter for a few to be a decent human being ..

Sounds like you in the UK have your own version of FOX news, distracting from the observable fact of systemic racism. I can't say what racism is like in the UK but I can as it relates to the US.
For those not familiar, FOX news in the US is the far-right's tool for propaganda, false consciousness, etc.

Back