Rainbow bridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to credit my daughter who was very emotional but had the streanth to hold her while she went to sleep
Fair play to your daughter, Im not sure I will have the strength for that when/if it comes around for us. Have seen and heard others in the vets when I have been waiting and it's a horrible feeling.

I have to credit my daughter who was very emotional but had the streanth to hold her while she went to sleep
I had the same experience my dog got knocked down and crawled back to the doorstep where she died in my daughters arms. The daughter cried for 2’days solid. She hasn’t really formed an attachment with the new dog as she is afraid to go through the same thing. It’s hard on them.

Final post she is home now
B0A1FC00-F4D5-49DB-B40B-B570F171F27C.jpeg

Took my old border collie to the vet several yrs ago and brought him home in a bag. I was holding his head and feeding him cubes of cheese when he went (his favourite). Kids were quite small and patted him goodbye at home before I took him to a special place and buried him. We went out there on xmas morning and they sung carols to him. The sight of 3 and 5 yr old girls sadly singing on a hill made my eyes a bit watery...

Now got a 5 yr old b/collie entertaining us. Not looking fwd to going through the goodbye again, but having a dog in your life is worth it. Wish they lived longer, but they live well while they're here. Every day with their humans is a good day...

Remember the good times. 🙂

Bless you Rod, so sorry to hear that news, we form such tight bonds, and I can't even begin to think how you all must be feeling. My Boris is only 2 years, and already its like he's always been with us, so God only knows how I will be when that day comes. You all have memories, which will never go away.

Latest posts

Back