Re-Starting...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shan46

Reaction score
:cheers: Evenin' all!

Just re started brewing after a lapse of about 30 years! Thinking of re-introducing myself to my Dad's beer which he used to make in vast quantities; only one sort called 64 (OG was always 1.064 which was made up from 4lbs. of DMS and 6lbs. of sugar plus hops), nothing fancy but it worked!

However, to get the ball rolling, I've just started a Munton's Bitter which seems as though it will be OK, but I added 2lbs. of extra sugar. Let's see what happens...

An aside - I refuse to be cowed by these bully boys and thugs of the politically correct thought police who try and make us use litres and so on; all my measurements are in pounds and ounces or pints, quarts and gallons.

Welcome to back to the fold. On Imperial measurements though, if you decide to go over to the dark side of AG brewing it might be easier to think in slightly more rebellious terms and go metric for buying ingredients if nothing else......

Latest posts

Back