reached the expected gravity and started fermenting again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equinox101

Reaction score
I did my porter AG brew a week on sunday and the fermenting had slowed down and i'd gone from 1050 to 1012 which is where the recipe expected me to be. I was leaving it another day to ensure the gravity stayed the same and now it's started fermenting again (i think) the airlock is bubbling away slowly again and there is foam on the top. Should i remove to another FV if i want to stop it now to keg it or let it run it's course again. I'm going to keg most of it and leave to carbonate in a corny and bottle around 5L worth.

Take another gravity reading to see what it's at now.
If it's the same then get it kegged.
There's no reason not to put it in another FV though to help more solids drop out and get it off the primary fermentation sediment.

it's been stable for the last 2 days, till this morning, i'll check it again tonight when i get home.

If its the same still i'll get it kegged tonight :D

Maybe was a little stuck, you never know it might drop another few points, but maybe it was just co2 releasing from the beer

Looks to have moved another point, 1011 now. I'll leave it till Sunday I guess :wha:
Smells great tho and the sample tastes nice for the stage it's at.

Latest posts

Back