Replacing airlock...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmist

Reaction score
My 1st gallon of apple cider has been going like a train, so much so that the orangey froth managed to get into the airlock, thus turning the once clear water into an orange liquid....it's been on the go for 2 days now, would it be ok to leave this as it is, or do i need to pop a clean one on? The froth in the dj has lowered now, but i was'nt sure if removing the airlock for a few seconds would somehow contribute to contaminating the cider.....thanks for your help fella's. :D

Thanks dieseljockey....I'm gonna do it now, it should only be off for literally a second as I've a clean one at the ready!

Airlocks do have to be replaced or cleaned out from time to time, it happens to all of us.

While you do so, just throw a clean tea towel over the DJ or fermenter in case there are any of those annoying little flies around.

You're worrying over nothing, it'll be fine :thumb:

Cheers for that boys....it's done, with minimal fuss and expert timing ;) ...looking forward to supping it!

Back