S30 Refills from Hamstead Brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocAnna

Queen's Knot Brewing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to note a really good experience with arranging a gas refill through Chris at Hamstead brewing. I needed a refill of an S30 cylinder to provide CO2 for the keg I'm providing to my son. This was the best value refill I found S.30 / L.30 Home Brew Co2 Cylinder Refill though you do need to pay postage - just as a note you need to put something else in the basket to get a shipping option on their website when ordering but I needed some DME for making up starters so that worked well for me.

I don't normally do supplier recommendations, but they were really quick in answering my questions and a super quick turnaround with the cylinder. I sent the empty down using Hermes standard parcel post so as to avoid any risk of it being air freighted.

IMG_0615.jpeg

Anna

Useful to know thanks. I've moved over to using a big / pub cylinder now but could have made use of the two of these I have when my main supply ran out.

Mind you that's assuming there's some way to connect one to a Corny 🤔

Useful to know thanks. I've moved over to using a big / pub cylinder now but could have made use of the two of these I have when my main supply ran out.

Mind you that's assuming there's some way to connect one to a Corny 🤔
I have a corny keg with an S30 valve on the lid, which I'm giving to my son to use while at university and he can top up with the small cylinder rather than having to fiddle with regulators and tubing.
You can also get an adaptor for the gas in post but it's quite expensive Cornelius Keg S30 Gas Adaptor

Anna

I have a corny keg with an S30 valve on the lid, which I'm giving to my son to use while at university and he can top up with the small cylinder rather than having to fiddle with regulators and tubing.
You can also get an adaptor for the gas in post but it's quite expensive Cornelius Keg S30 Gas Adaptor

Anna
Ta, the thing for the gas in post would be just the ticket but £27 😲 I'll have a look on AliExpress as that's probably where it came from (or maybe cobble something together?).

Thanks for the tip. Can you say roughly how much it costs to courier the empty cylinder? I'm wondering if it would make more sense in the long term to switch to sodastream with an S30 adapter (I believe the sodastream cylinders are widely available to exchange in person, thus saving courier costs).

Even better, does anyone know of an HBS not too far from Brighton which does S30 refills, or even of a friendly pub that will fill an S30?

Latest posts

Back