S30 valve

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dosfairways

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve added an S30 valve and pressure gauge to an old boots aluminium barrel. It’s all sealed up well with an IPA currently priming. However, the gauge gas gone past the maximum psi shown on the gauge of 15 so it doesn’t look like the S30 release is kicking in when it should. Any ideas as to what’s gone wrong? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0186.jpeg
    IMG_0186.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0187.jpeg
    IMG_0187.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
Interesting to hear that Boots did an aluminium barrell, and it's still working!
My boots aluminium covered heat mat, is still going strong as well.

I have more touble with S30 combined valves, seeming to release at too low a pressure. So myself, wouldn't be complaining.
Could be a casting/ drilling fault. Once empty, you could lift top rubber, with screwdriver (over vent hole), then try blowing through from below.

Leasing

Thanks! I’ll try that once I’ve finished it. With regards to the barrel, the co2 inlet and outlet vents packed up years ago, but I recently decided to drill the cap and insert the S30 and a pressure gauge and it seals brilliantly! No distortions like you can get with the plastic ones I guess.

I don’t know - there’s nothing stamped on the barrel but I’m thinking they can take more pressure than the plastic ones.

Back