Sainsbury’s recalls stir fry products

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wot they done that for? Stir frying would kill all the bugs. Anyone incompetent enough to not do it right deserves bloody salmonella anyway.

Wot they done that for? Stir frying would kill all the bugs. Anyone incompetent enough to not do it right deserves bloody salmonella anyway.

I guess they have to make people aware with vegetables as some people might choose to eat them raw, but yes you're right cooking to piping hot should make everything safe.

Salmonella is killed in chicken by cooking at 160°C for 3-4 minutes,the problem with stir fry is that usually the contents are stirred and contact time with the pan could not be guaranteed for the time and temp for every piece of food. I would rather remove the risk than cook the hell out of it!

When I cook stir fry with chicken and prawns I usually cook them separately, stir fry the veg and add the chicken late for 1 -2 minutes to absorb the sauce and flavour, never been killed yet!

Latest posts

Back