Santa's List

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ideally now ive decided to have a bash at all grain BIAB and after a lot of research on equipment, ultimately a buffalo 3KW induction heater and a 31Litre SS brew kettle.santas usually got hold of my bank balance:grin:

3kw ULWD element and assorted other bits to finish my new brewery build

I was originally going to treat myself to a Sparky and Plumber to get a dedicated brewing ring main and water installed in the garage however now it appears the plan might be to demolish it and build an extension so I just need to factor those requirements into the new plan... of course the cost has jumped from c. £600 to c. £60k! I'll settle on the new element for now! :)

DA

Well my new boiler has arrived and I've been asked what else I want. Thinking of a stainless steel mash paddle but can't think of anything else.

Well I've just innocently said out loud "I'm easily pleased, I haven't asked for anything. " and got a bloody barrage of abuse! " you don't even know what I want, you haven't even asked blah blah blah". Bloody women. Ho bloody ho and a merry Christmas to all...

Well I've just innocently said out loud "I'm easily pleased, I haven't asked for anything. " and got a bloody barrage of abuse! " you don't even know what I want, you haven't even asked blah blah blah". Bloody women. Ho bloody ho and a merry Christmas to all...
What a cracker.Hormones are a man's worst enemy🏃
Santa delivered my Hoppy 8 gallon pot and inkbird the other day and was also asked if there was anything else.Yes please and asked for some starsan.Ok then she checked the postage.I said I can get that cheaper and with a few other bits added on from GEB....hehe
This is the link bird.
ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Regulator UK Socket, Dual Relays 1 Heating & 1 Cooling 220V Plug*(New)
Sent from my ALE-L21

Last edited:
Probably putting a brew fridge together this winter so an inkbird controller and greenhouse heater will be on my list

After freeing some space up in my garage, Ebay Santa has delivered a brewfridge early !

Just ordered a tubular heater and inkbird controller to drive the fridge.

Need to add something else to my Christmas list now!

Hi!
Was hoping for Greg Hughes book, but SWMBO has cancelled Christmas this year and told all the family not to buy us presents. No copies in the library so I guess I'll have to wait. Just call me Cratchit!

Hi!
Was hoping for Greg Hughes book, but SWMBO has cancelled Christmas this year and told all the family not to buy us presents. No copies in the library so I guess I'll have to wait. Just call me Cratchit!
Just grow a pair,put your trousers on and order one.🍺🎅

Sent from my ALE-L21

I decided santa was not to be trusted so ordered an 18L glass carboy then sent a invoice to the outlaws:grin:
Thinking very strongly about my malt mill now. I need to get some new malt and it would be silly to buy it crushed surely:whistle:

An inkbird. I can get a fridge from freecycle or ask a mate who is a kitchen fitter for one that comes out when they do an install. I have a heatbelt that I will use for the heater. I also have the perfect corner in my garage so it wont get in the way when I use my gym. So all I need for a brew fridge is the temperature controller

Hi!

Just because she doesn't want to celebrate it you shouldn't.. all the money you was going to spend on her you can now do yourself..and have a great xmas by yourself..

Or is this a trap where she says dont buy for each other then they go and get you soemthing expensive..

Hi!

Call yourself BIG col and make a comment like that. Grow a pair, tell her to stop being stupid and order a turkey. She wants Christmas really and if you dont "do" Christmas she will never forgive you.

Oh, and by the way, did you ask Santa for a new missus?

Call yourself BIG col and make a comment like that. Grow a pair, tell her to stop being stupid and order a turkey. She wants Christmas really and if you dont "do" Christmas she will never forgive you.

Oh, and by the way, did you ask Santa for a new missus?

Hi!
I've got an Inkbird going spare. I read your first comment and briefly considered offering it to you, but changed my mind after reading your second. :D
Seriously, I do have a spare STC1000 if you want it. I've had to seriously curtail my expansion plans owing to my missus losing her job. If you want it, send me a PM.
PS: try telling your wife that she is being stupid :lol:

I've had to seriously curtail my expansion plans owing to my missus losing her job.

Sorry to hear that mate, having been out of work for 10 months (a few years ago) which unfortunately included the Christmas period i know how difficult it can be especially if you have a young family.

Hi!
I've got an Inkbird going spare. I read your first comment and briefly considered offering it to you, but changed my mind after reading your second. :D
Seriously, I do have a spare STC1000 if you want it. I've had to seriously curtail my expansion plans owing to my missus losing her job. If you want it, send me a PM.
PS: try telling your wife that she is being stupid :lol:

Thanks for the offer, but I will decline. I have an STC1000 I bought a little while ago but never trusted myself to wire it safely. Last night I thought F*** it and wired it up. It is now controlling my heat belt and going on and off. And as a bonus I havent burnt my house down....yet. Its in the garage so dont need a cooling source yet. I'll pick up a fridge by the time its summer.

I've been out of work for nearly a year after taking voluntary redundancy. My generous payout is starting to run out though. I'm in the process of setting up a business as self employed which I've always wanted to do. I am also expecting an inheritance to come through any week now which will give me financial security for a while.

And as for the wife, she hasnt said to cancel Christmas! Yours needs cheering up from the sounds of it. Do something nice for Christmas even if it has to be cheap. Have you got kids? Get them to make a card and present, maybe decorations as well. Maybe you could try to brew a beer she will like and name it after her.

Back