Scales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morethanworts

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just want to big-up Morrisons' £8 digital scales...Bought today and tested with UK coins: £1 coin weighs 9.5g, 20p weighs 5g etc

I'm really impressed with how accurate they are for 8 quid - bang on (not that they display half-grammes). I didn't expect them to be that accurate just because they display the weight 'digitally'. But they are.

I was previously making do with some old style small scales that just weigh below 200g for small measurements, which got me pretty close. I thought I'd have to spend quite a bit to get a really accurate set, but these seem absolutely fine, and they go up to 5Kg if needed. :cheers:

Recommended.

I have two sets of digital scales. The old one weighs up to 5kg in 5g intervals. For bread baking (and now beer) I need more precision so the new one weighs up to 3kg in 1g intervals. If I was buying a set today I would make sure it could do up to 5kg in 1g steps. Sounds like the Morrison ones are perfect and a bargain.

It was also good that, if you've got two of your own AAA batteries, you don't need to break any seals to try them out at home! I was thinking there was more than a 50% chance I'd be returning them. Not needed, as it happened.

Latest posts

Back