Scottish Craft Brewers - Heriot Watt Beer Festival

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
The Scottish Craft Brewers have been invited to participate in the Heriot Watt Beer Festival on the 1st of April in the Heriot Watt Student Union at Riccarton.

The beer festival is fairly large and attracts beers from across the UK and the USA (see list below from last year) so it is a good chance to raise awareness of the organisation. The idea is that we provide beer and give out small samples to the beer drinkers and also be able to answer questions about the SCB and craft brewing in general.

So from the SCB point of view it would be good to be able to demonstrate what we do, the quality of beer that craft brewers can make and hopefully attract new members. A larger membership with a wide demographic is healthy for the hobby and will also hopefully mean that future events are well supported.

From an individual point of view these events are great fun as you receive immediate feedback from real ale enthusiasts and can gauge how they compare to the commercial beers that are being sold in the room.

So what we need to know quite quickly is if there is an appetite for participating in the event. The main contribution we need is your beer - if we receive a decent response then we would be able to commit. Once we have confirmed our attendance we will then need to think about manning the SCB table.

If you believe that this is something you would like to get involved in then please reply asap (and by Feb 25th at the latest) so that we can let Heriot Watt know.

Cheers

Calum

Beers from 2010
Scotland
Stewart’s, Pentland I.P.A., Edinburgh Gold, 80/-, Forth Mist, Caledonian, Evolution, Raspberry Fool, Bridge Of Allan, Glencoe Organic Stout, Red Mist Raspberry Fruit Wheat Ale, Stirling Bitter, Inveralmond, Ossian, Independence, Lia Fail, Thrappeldouser, Orkney, Skullsplitter, Dark Island, Red MacGregor, Atlas, Equinox, Nimbus, Cairngorm, Wildcat, Sheepshagger, Trade Winds, Harviestoun, Bitter & Twisted, Old Engine Oil, Top Dollar, Brew Dog, Punk I.P.A., Rip Tide, Divine Rebel Barleywine, Strathaven, Duchess Anne, Claverhouse, Sulwath, Galloway Gold, Knockendoch, The Grace, Highland Brewery, Dark Munro, Scapa Special

England
Dark Star, Hop Head, Saison, Espresso Stout, St. Austell, Tribute, Proper Job I.P.A., HSD, Black Prince, Everard’s, Sunchaser, Tiger, Beacon, Jennings, Snecklifter, Cocker Hoop, Cumberland Ale, Black Sheep, Riggwelter, Best Bitter, Timothy Taylor, Landlord, Ram Tam, Yates, Fever Pitch, Cumbrian Ale, Ossett, Fine Fettle, Silver King, Sharp’s, Doom Bar, Cornish Coaster, Batemans, Eggs-B Bitter, Hooker, Woodfordes, Nelson’s Revenge, Headcracker Barleywine, Wherry, Kelham Island Brewery, Yorkshie Bitter, Pale Rider, Pride Of Sheffield, Sarah Hughes, Dark Ruby Mild

U.S.A.
Brooklyn Lager, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Goose Island I.P.A., Flying Dog Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale

Latest posts

Back