Should I pitch more yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,

First of all thank you for your kind and patient advice.

I gave the brew a vigorous stir and raised the temp to 24c... took a hydrometer read the next day and it was still at 1022

So then added 500g of spraymalt boiled and cooled, plus 1 sachet Gervin yeast re-hydrated, plus 1 tsp yeast nutrient.

I did that this afternoon, and now the airlock is bubbling around 3 times per second. So the brew is definitely fermenting.... I'm just thinking that I've added fermenables and yeast - how do I know what to expect in terms of final gravity? Is there any way that I can work out the ABV now?

Update: It's been three days since I added the extra fermentables and yeast. I saw plenty of airlock activity for the first day or so, took a reading today and it's still at 1022!

This is very frustrating, but at least it has motivated me to set up proper temp controls.

I'm going to add hops in 2 days then bottle on Friday - I suppose this has answered my question above with regards final gravity as all the repitch has done is ferment the added fermentables?

Latest posts

Back