Show us your Pushbikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I treated myself and bought a new bike.
The oldest bike in my fleet is my gravel bike so time for an update.

Went with a BMC URS which I had been fancying for a while. Opted for the 01 Two model with the full works, Hunt carbon wheels and electric gearing. It is a thing of beauty.

Attachments

• 20230626_201252.jpg
    20230626_201252.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 0

Went with a BMC URS which I had been fancying for a while. Opted for the 01 Two model with the full works, Hunt carbon wheels and electric gearing. It is a thing of beauty.
Hark at you, replacing your old gravel bike.
My only bike is my original 2nd hand Genesis Vapour, from a time when we called them cyclo-cross bikes & none of this gravel or adventure bike business.

(Actually that's a bit of a fib, as a couple of years later I bought a second identical one in the next frame size down for when I shrink with age 😜)

Nice, I'm not familiar with the BMC. Well truth be told not very familiar with gravel bikes, I keep toying with the idea of getting one and then balk at spending the dosh. I guess I'm a died in the wool roadie really and already have too many bikes lol.
Post a few pics when you get out on a nice day.

Let me know if you head over, I can give you some suggestions for routes if you like.
Been trying to get out on the bike more, had a week in Mojacar end of April, done some cycling whilst friends were on the Circuit not far from Velafique 🏍️
Sprained my ankle after walking around Alicante on the last night 🍺 and ended up with a month relaxing and not doing much. Hopefully with the good weather I’ll get a few miles in. Probably look forward to a few weeks in Gran Canaria again in December or January 😀
1687858425585.jpeg

Nice, I'm not familiar with the BMC. Well truth be told not very familiar with gravel bikes, I keep toying with the idea of getting one and then balk at spending the dosh. I guess I'm a died in the wool roadie really and already have too many bikes lol.
Post a few pics when you get out on a nice day.
Will do. I am lucky that I live in the mountains. Plenty of trails to explore. Its so much fun, nice long climbs, exploring areas that are untouched by humans, visiting ancient monuments long forgotten.

That does look sweet. I used to race when I was younger on light weight racing bikes, but I always found the maintenance to be expensive. I ride a tough old mountain bike in my old age, as parts rarely break. But I would love a gravel bike as a compromise. What's the maintenance like on them? Do the wheels stay true etc?

That does look sweet. I used to race when I was younger on light weight racing bikes, but I always found the maintenance to be expensive. I ride a tough old mountain bike in my old age, as parts rarely break. But I would love a gravel bike as a compromise. What's the maintenance like on them? Do the wheels stay true etc?
I think modern bikes are robust. Like anything, if you maintain them then they last.
The one it's replacing was 8 years old now and the only thing I have needed to replace was new tyres, new pads on the disc brakes and a chain.

In fact I replaced the chain when I bought it for a better one and still got the unused original.

I think modern bikes are robust. Like anything, if you maintain them then they last.
The one it's replacing was 8 years old now and the only thing I have needed to replace was new tyres, new pads on the disc brakes and a chain.

In fact I replaced the chain when I bought it for a better one and still got the unused original.
1 new chain in 8 years?

1 new chain in 8 years?

Haha well, no mention of kilometers ridden. ;)

As it happens, this year I have started treating my chains with hot wax immersion which I think is quite amazing, chain, cassette and chainset always clean, chain lasts much longer. A bit of a faff to set up but once you have a system I think it's great.

1 new chain in 8 years?
Yes. Don't have a accurate amount of miles because I do use it to cycle around with the kids.

But as a gravel bike, I always deep cleaned the bike after every ride.

Technically two chains. Bought a better chain shortly after buying the bike and then replaced it last year.

It's the one bike I use the least due to often using my trail mtb.

Not much content added on here for a while 🚴
But came across this on my starva which I don’t use too often as I’m using Komoot to plan rides or record and only shows an average speed. What sort of speed have you done on a bike ???

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
Cycling seasons over for me as it’s cold and wet 🙄 but I bought a spinning bike last year so try to get on it a few hours a week to keep the muscles moving. And ready for Gran Canaria again next January, enjoyed it that much last year I’m going for nearly 4x weeks this year 🌞🏝️🚴🌋

Just bought a eBay new to me CAAD10 for winter duties and crits next year.
Previous bike (and myself) was written off by a massive BMW.
Have other bikes but this has been on a list for a while modern retro smash it bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.png
    IMG_0672.png
    445.1 KB · Views: 0
Cycling seasons over for me as it’s cold and wet 🙄 but I bought a spinning bike last year so try to get on it a few hours a week to keep the muscles moving. And ready for Gran Canaria again next January, enjoyed it that much last year I’m going for nearly 4x weeks this year 🌞🏝️🚴🌋
Those sort of speeds would scare me.
I think I average 10 or 12mph. Maximum is probably about 30mph

Not much content added on here for a while 🚴
But came across this on my starva which I don’t use too often as I’m using Komoot to plan rides or record and only shows an average speed. What sort of speed have you done on a bike ???
I've got a regular MTB route which includes a very steep hill. If I get into a tuck I can get into the 40s. Its scary as the probability of wildlife running/flying out in front is real. But we do it for the heart rate don't we ? :D

I haven't cycled for a long time but when I was in my 50s the best speed I got was downhill off the Preselis with a tail wind - 53mph. Think I've done faster but that was before I got a Speedo for it.

About 75 km/h (46 mph).
Pinch flats and learning of others doing themselves serious damage has put the brakes on.

This is the bike I got earlier this year. A Cotic Escapade. Reynolds 853 tubing. Bought as a rugged road bike. Very surprise at how well it rides actually....doesn't feel any less efficient or slower than my 'proper' carbon road bike. Lovey thing to ride. Seems like Steel certainly is real!!

Attachments

• 70491472650__F4C42D9C-FC03-481A-8AA6-9A19C1551E86.jpeg
    70491472650__F4C42D9C-FC03-481A-8AA6-9A19C1551E86.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back