Skittles...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it has been a few weeks since my last update, I checked on the skittles wine today, and was surprised to find that it has started to clear by itself. Note, I say "started". it is not clear yet.

It now has the colour of a washed out red, almost orange. I can't wait to see what the final colour turns out as. I am leaving it alone until it clears, then will give it a final taste test :)

The result is here!

I noticed that the wine had cleared quite a bit today and as I was bottling some other brew and had the filter to hand I ran the skittle wine through it and bottled it.

purple_skittles_wine1.jpg

purple_skittles_wine2.jpg

as this was only a test batch, I only made half a gallon, or 2 and a half bottles. 2 bottles have been put away, and the half bottle is for drinking later.

In my opinion it tastes just like purple skittles. I like the colour, and perhaps with some more time it may clear further. My wife was not a fan and decided the flavour was too string for her, but I quite liked it. In my opinion it is about the same as shoving a bunch of skittles in your mouth :)

I played around with it a little in a glass, and I added a little water to weaken the strength a little. I think it definitely helped with about 20% added water.

Next time I spot skittles on offer, I shall pick up a whole bunch and make a gallon of each colour / flavour, and also a mixed gallon.

I might try this as your results sound interesting. Might add food colouring as I suggested earlier in the thread. Make it look like that awful MD20/20

Latest posts

Back