Sodium Percarbonate where to buy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I know this has been asked many times but everytime I go to buy the oxy clean and its many variants in the supermarkets etc it does not list perfume on the tub but my wife(who also uses it) says it is perfumed, maybe not fully but slightly and I and struggling to find any that is not perfumed. I have done the usual B&M, Wilko, Lidl and other Supers and can not find any that the wife says has not some perfume in it(she uses it and deffo swears it has some albeit little perfume in it).
So my next thing is to buy sodium percarbonate but not in large quantities say a kilo or 2 but wher is the cheapest to buy small amounts?

My worry is that SWMBO swears that virtually all the super/B&M type stuff has some perfume in it of one degree but they do not list it.
TETB I think I could be joining you down the rabbit hole on this one :laugh8:

Interesting take by Denny Conn on one of the FB groups I’m in:
29CD4D5E-1BF4-4397-BB0A-0CA9518F99BD.jpeg

I’m too frightened to actually follow his advice though, but I do generally just use the (supposedly) unscented oxi cleaner from B&M.

EDIT - for those who don’t know, Denny is a pretty high profile Homebrewer in the USA, and the man after whom WYeast named this yeast Wyeast 1450 Denny's Favourite 50 | The Malt Miller

Last edited:
Do you know Mick I have always used what I always thought was unscented from B&M etc but it is the wife who insists they are scented slightly?
Is this another urban myth de-bunked?

Astonish oxi from BM,pink tub..2kg for about £3.
I'm very sensitive to smells and I can't detect anything with this. Remove any slippy residue with a wipe down with your chosen no-rinse.
I've made rather a lot of beer with this included in my process.
Next time you're out and about buy some...try it to have a practice on some non brewing items. For the cost it's not a ball ache if you don't like it. Incidentally I also use it for cleaning all sorts of other stuff...dishwasher, tipping down plug holes. Anything really that needs a soak.

Astonish oxi from BM,pink tub..2kg for about £3.
I'm very sensitive to smells and I can't detect anything with this. Remove any slippy residue with a wipe down with your chosen no-rinse.
I've made rather a lot of beer with this included in my process.
Next time you're out and about buy some...try it to have a practice on some non brewing items. For the cost it's not a ball ache if you don't like it. Incidentally I also use it for cleaning all sorts of other stuff...dishwasher, tipping down plug holes. Anything really that needs a soak.
That’s the one I use as well

Thats is sorted them Mick & Clint will try that one in pink is it their own brand?

Thats is sorted them Mick & Clint will try that one in pink is it their own brand?
It’s branded Astonish - I don’t think it’s specifically a B&M brand (I’ve bought Astonish bathroom cleaner in Tesco and Sainsburys but haven’t seen the Oxy cleaner in either shop) but B&M seem to have the biggest selection of their products.

Latest posts

Back