Solihull home brew competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cnelsonplumber

Just had an email from a CAMRA friend about the Solihull beer festival on 5th October.

The festival has a home brewed competition.

I think it is on the late side to find out but the good news is that I dont think there are many entrants.

If anyone is interested I will find out more.

Count me in I've just bottled some cider im quite proud of thats very drinkable id defiantly like to enter. Im from hampton in arden and so and use the brew genie HBS in solihull

I have asked Simon for details and will pass them on as soon as they arrive.

I'm not sure if I'm available that weekend, and I don't have any beer that I'd enter into the competition (only my Woodforde's NR kit!) but if I *am* free, I'll pop down!

I got this response from Simon;

"Hi
Sorry about the late confirmation – There will be a Home Brew Competition at the Beer Festival.

Rules
Over 18’s only
Entrants must be present at the beer festival during the competition (circa 1300hrs on Sat 5th Oct)
A maximum of two beers per entrant
Entrants must submit 2.5 litres of their homebrew real ale to compete

There are only 5 entrants this year therefore if you want to enter two beers this is ok.
Your will need to deliver your beer to myself by 12:15 on Saturday October 5th

What I need from you (As soon as you can)
• Confirmation you want to take part
• Picture of your self
• A sort write up about your self
• Description of you beer
• Name of your beer
Many Thanks
Simon Hanson"

unfortunately I won't be able to be present on the day, but thought I could drop off some beers, but no problem. Hope anyone that attends has a good time.

5 entrants to the home brew competition and a beer in a pressure barrel downstairs that's getting better by the day? Tempting, very tempting.

I do have a big assignment due in on the Monday after, though...

I have got couple of candidates but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too well received by J if I dropped it off on our wedding morning:???:

Got an email from Simon saying due to a lack of entries the competition is cancelled, a bit weak I think

Back