Something a bit different, which do you reckon?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wa10

Reaction score
After setting my experimental red going yesterday (the one with beetroot, blueberry and rgjc) I thought I needed something to fill another DJ.

Local discounter had cases of "Carrot and Peach", along with cartons of "Pineapple and Coconut". So naturally I grabbed some of both, haha.

Don't worry, I'm not nutty enough to mix the lot, but not sure which to go with first?

As well as the above juices I have dextrose, a single carton of apple juice, 220g white grape juice concentrate and of course the various additives etc.

So, what do you reckon? Will post up the sugar content in a mo, just going to grab it all from the car.

The carrot/peach is 72g of sugar per 750ml bottle, and the pineapple/coconut is 119g per 1l carton.

I'm thinking I may use the apple in the carrot, and the grape in the pineapple...Off to do a bit of sanitising so that I can play with measurements and see what works :)

The carrot/peach is 72g of sugar per 750ml bottle, and the pineapple/coconut is 119g per 1l carton.

I'm thinking I may use the apple in the carrot, and the grape in the pineapple...Off to do a bit of sanitising so that I can play with measurements and see what works :)

Sounds like good combos to me, the coconut and pineapple could make an amazing addition to rum. Seen coconut water for sale and wondered about fermenting it before. Coconut,pineapple and honey might be good.

Well, the tropical combo is off. :)

Went with 2 cartons of the juice, 500g dextrose and the small bottle of white grape concentrate. 1tsp citric, 4 bag tea, 1 tsp pectolase, 1tsp nutrient and the old faithful Young's yeast.

If this one turns out, I'll use honey in place of the day dextrose next time, as unfortunately didn't have any to hand today. Good shout though.

Gave me a start of 1.085, which allowing for a small topup after hopefully an explosive start to proceedings should put it at a nice strength. Be a bit of a beast mixed with rum, haha, but I like your thinking :D

May try to age a bottle with a good glug of rum in, just to see how well it blends...Purely in the interest of science of course ;)

Carrot and peach with white grape concentrate somes fine. The other have fun :-?

Well after just 12 days under airlock the tropical combo has finished itself off and even done a pretty good job of clearing itself up naturally. :)

Have just racked, degassed and stabilised. Will leave it a while longer to see what else drops out of its own accord, the use finings if necessary and either allow it to bulk age with a good glug of white rum or bottle with the rum. As I let it finish to dry I may just back sweeten to give a liqueur type of edge to it, will see.

Initial feeling is that this is going to taste incredibly good!! The coconut is strong at the moment, more so than I expected as wasn't sure whether it would carry through, but i think it will smooth out with time and rum. :)

Back