Southern Reborn

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadhead

Reaction score
Hi - Returning to homebrewing after 20 years layoff. Re-collecting all the equipment. Nearly there with the help of ebay. Used to be very active round here (Petersfield and Portsmouth area) I would be interested in any local contact, if you are feeling sociable.
Regards
Leadhead

leadhead said:
Hi - Returning to homebrewing after 20 years layoff. Re-collecting all the equipment. Nearly there with the help of ebay.

Hi and welcome.
I think a lot of us have returned to home brewing after sometime out. I know I did and the forum has been a great help.
When do you think you'll be up and running? and with which brew?

Hi - Just sanitising and tonight will trial a can of Belgian "Triple" just to get my toes wet.
Also collecting for first wine batch of Apple and Raison which was our old staple.
Will re-post when I have progress.
Oh! and a real big thank you to all the guys who have taken time to write the newbie guides.
Absoloutly invaluable to someone in my situation. Been reading til my head ached!! Shame it was only from reading.

Apple and Raison[/quote

Bloody Nora....I've not made that for 40years....what's your recipe?? we have loads of apple tree in the hedgerows around where we live all going for nowt, could be on the books in a few months time.

Hello again.
Just made my obligatory batch of WOW.
Belgian Triple frothing away well.

Had a bit of a windfall when buying some s/hand dj`s. "Could you use any of this" the guy asked. 3 lidded tubs and 3 5Gallon fermenters with traps plus a large wine press. Mearelli #45 rachet head 16" OD x 24" high basket. Plus the major components of a Hydraulic press "Martinello David, Tipo a 60" with the main screw column. But no basket or juice tray. If anyone has a hydraulic press like this made up I would be very grateful for a photo or information. Since I cant see how it would build up to a complete unit.

These presses I do not envisage using myself. So if anyone reading, is in the market for one (or two) drop me a line before ebay time.

So now a bit over kitted 24 dj`s plus more syphons, filters, hydrometers, traps than I can shake a stick at. Some times you just get lucky. Thank you ebay and the seller.

Sorry Dieseljockey only just re-read your post. The recipe we follow is just the CJJ Berry Apple wine (2) page 123 in my ancient book.
We add a little glycerine. - Also a half bottle of vodka to the five gallons really picks it up to scoffing quality as I recall???

Latest posts

Back