St Peter's Ruby kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wherrypuzzled

Regular.
Reaction score
Does this only come with 1 yeast now please. I'm presuming yes

If so is it wise to but another to ensure " no stuck " fermentation

If yes what Yeast would be recommended please to match the sachet in the kit which is as usual a Premium EU made yeast

Many thanks wp

I've got one in my brew room. It's not near the top of the to-do list yet though.
There was only 1 sachet of yeast in my kit. I've had success with one sachet previously (I made sure to keep the brew at around 20⁰c ish) but will be experimenting with other yeast. Not with the St. Peter's but with a couple of Muntons that I inherited, only one sachet in there too.
I asked CML which yeast they'd recommend as a sub for Muntons Gold, they suggested their Four or Bond. I've never really liked S-04 but word is that it's been "tweaked" to improve its flavour so if CML's Four is related I'm hoping it will have benefited also. BEòIR is another I want to try so fingers crossed

Cheers Tom

Yeast . Have had reply from Munton's that this kit is supplied with 1 sachet of yeast only

However even after 50 years I still learn lots of things on here and before I got Munton's answer I added a second 6g Sachet I keep in reserve

So can anybody tell me what that is likely to do to the taste etc AND if I had stuck to just one sachet what the pros and cons of that are

In the case of using one I can think of pro ... The kit was designed to use just 6g and con .... The brew could "stick"

Scientifically there must be lots more and I expect the experts on here will mark my Card

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I use St Peter's kite regularly and the yeast starts well as long as the pitching temperature is right.

Yes , I guess it would but I added a second yeast simply because my temp control is poor . 18 this morning in my "go to" Room and been up to 20c this afternoon

Now on day 10 and did my airlock "trick" to prove ferm still underway and it was. Repeat each day till finished or I reach day 14

Looking forward to this St Peter's Ruby and has chance to become go to kit

Latest posts

Back