starting to understand it now

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PD

Landlord.
Reaction score
Since returning to home brewing I have stuck to beer kits and I can't see myself moving on from there now. I'm not a large beer drinker and am enjoying making probably 2 or 3, 5 gallon brews a month, this enables me and my son to drink various different ales and build up a stash that's growing Due to age and illness a nice steady 2 hour brew time is ample for me I don't think I could manage a hectic and physical 6 hour brew day anymore.
However that doesn't stop me wanting to understand AG brewing and I enjoy reading of peoples efforts brews recipes DIY concoctions etc its very interesting.
I also browse the internet and dream of those nice bright shiny micro breweries and because I'm not looking to buy ( just dreaming ) I can dwell on those £3000 systems and drool.
However the actual brew day and how to do it has always been a bit hazy in my mind and then I saw this little video on you tube and suddenly it all came clear and logical. If you have already seen it I apologise but if not have a look. Word of warning tho don't eat before watching and hold onto something tight, he swings that camera around something awful... :sick:
Still its the best little video I've seen of a kitchen brew day, and watching it, it all came together in my mind..... and.... actually it looked quite er easy and not too expensive.... I appreciate its probably quite minimalistic in its approach but yes..... perhaps its something I could have a go at.........* aherm*
:D :D ;) ;)

edit.... darn forgot to put the addy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CRI1vez ... re=related

I haven't watched the vid but wanted to make the point, which is probably what you are referring to already, that AG brewing is neither hectic nor physical. I'm making 23L brews using a BIAB method and no-chill. Whilst it takes maybe 4-5 hours start to finish, I reckon I'm involved in the process for about an hour of that time, the rest is spent waiting (for the mash, for the boil etc.). The first couple of brews may feel hectic because it's all new but once you've got your basic method it's straightforward enough (then you start tinkering with all the variables - but that's another story).

Go on, give it a go, the results are sublime.

Cheers, Andy

andyd...... the wife says shut up please......... :rofl: :rofl:

piddledribble said:
Word of warning tho don't eat before watching and hold onto something tight, he swings that camera around something awful... :sick:

I got a minute in and had to turn it off. I could never last half hour :sick:

Latest posts

Back