STC 1000 wiring problem and Inkbird choice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a picture.

As you can see the plug is in exactly the position it will go into the socket, which is shown from behind. The neutral pin will go into the live hole in the socket.

I've wired it up as per the markings on the socket and plugged it in using a RCD so if it went bang the power would be cut and my home electrics would be protected. The heat and cool controls seem to be working ok. If the circuit is wired up the wrong way it will kill the fridge fairly quickly.

My wife still wants me to get the ready made inkbird, so I'm going t

o do that and keep this as a spare in case I ever need a second one. I'll get the 308S with the probe which can be unplugged and the 12" one added instead so I have the best of both.

ALLS well the pic on the back of the plug is the view from the top not a representation of it from the bottom even tho it is on the bottom !!

Double check with a meter plug in the unwired plug into the unwired socket without its top on and check the continuity from the live pin to live socket connector and it will buzz ok ;)

ALWAYS BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY THO!!

It's correct, the card is supplied to take off that side of the plug. Then open the plug up. Look into the open plug and terminals. Look at the wiring card and it will be correct. The open plug/ terminals will be fuse live to the lower right as you look. Neutral to lower left and earth to top.
The same as the card is printed.
Has nobody realised what I said earlier

Back