Steam Cleaning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian808

Regular.
Reaction score
Do anyone use a steam cleaner to clean and sanitize. Was thinking of buying one for the other half but was wondering if there any good for me as well. All the ads say they sanitize when cleaning so this would save time and money on using other products and rinsing.

ian808 said:
Do anyone use a steam cleaner to clean and sanitize. Was thinking of buying one for the other half but was wondering if there any good for me as well. All the ads say they sanitize when cleaning so this would save time and money on using other products and rinsing.

I'd be interested in knowing this too - it seems like a simple (and environmentally friendly) way of cleaning equipment.

Very debatable..this is my cleaning/sterilizing routine....once poured, swill the bottle to loosen the "cake". Then fill and soak with tannin remover Napisan, works just as well. Rinse again with tap water. On the day of bottling, fill each bottle 1/4 ful of boiling kettle water. Empty this water and prime and fill...Works for me, out of the thousands of bottles Ive done like this Ive only lost a couple...and this was probably because I didn't fit the cap properly.

Boiling water into glass bottles usually makes the glass bottle smash as the inside tries to be bigger than the outside. How do you get round that problem? I assume yours don't smash, or you wouldn't keep doing it :-)

Latest posts

Back