still doing Brexit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most ironic thing is that we already have blue passports, we give them to refugees.

How does anyone know the outcome of Brexit? Cherry picking an old FT post doesn't give sound evidence.

No it doesn't. Never claimed it did. But I can scout a number of independent sources and identify a trend that suggests we're at best leaping into the dark without a plan about what to do next, and at worst there is wilful deceit and misdirection at play...and we're still leaping into the dark without a plan about what to do next.

The fundamental questions have been asked umpteen times.

Who's answering them? Or even trying to?

The fundamental questions have been asked umpteen times.
Who's answering them? Or even trying to?

I guess most of us are sick to the back teeth of Brexit especially the lies and predictions from both sides, hows about asking the fundamental questions and you may get an answer though to be honest you probably wont for the aforementioned reasons.

How does anyone know the outcome of Brexit? Cherry picking an old FT post doesn't give sound evidence.

The internet is so large that you can find links in your favour whichever way you decided. Even when post vote figures come out, there are lies, damn lies and statistics. :lol:

keynes said when the facts change so do I, but what is a fact thesedays :eek:

Everyone makes mistakes which means we can't all be right all the time, therefore some people will be wrong. What I wish for is for the optimists to be always right and the pessimists to always be wrong whatever the argument! :lol::grin:

p.s. I think the passport should be a dayglo colour, harder to lose :thumb:

If we wanted blue passports, why didn't we just have them while we were in the EU? We could have. There's no rule governing the colour of member's passports.

nope but it would have been cheaper for us to tag them onto the bulk order for 400 million burgandy covers already placed in the eu, than put in a smaller order for 40 million blue ones :grin:

nope but it would have been cheaper for us to tag them onto the bulk order for 400 million burgandy covers already placed in the eu, than put in a smaller order for 40 million blue ones :grin:

Assuming all EU countries get them from the same place that'd most likely be the real reason :lol: Which begs the question, why are the brexiteers trying so desperately to paint the return to blue passports as a symbolic two fingers to the EU oppressors? It was never the EU that forced us to have them.

In reality, I'm not sure that could be the reason. Don't all member states have their own language on the front cover, as well as English and French? If so, they can't all be the same order.

Exactly. We could have had blue passports already, if it was that important. However, we're now talking about the colour of passports, which is probably the point, isn't it? Distraction as a means of making it (temporarily) off a rocky peg.

Brexit is unlikely to solve the problems we set for ourselves. Trade and the economy will suffer - there is a large body of professional opinion which can make a cogent argument for that.

Immigration (what a lot of people were voting to reduce/eliminate) will not be managed in such a way that it delivers outcomes that materially affect many of the people who voted for Brexit. If people are wishing to hear fewer Polish voices in their local Lidl, then I suspect that they're not going to get the Brexit they wanted. If they want to see fewer Muslims (and in that group, some people will simply conflate all black or asiatic faces), then, again, it's not going to be what you wanted.

If you wanted something that distributes the nations finances this way rather than 'that way', then you've got to appreciate that we're likely to experience a net deficit as a result of exit. Not a gain.

If you think the UK was fettered by EU regulation and a white charger of innovation and freedom will re-energise our industry, think again, and check the facts, not the slogans.

All the info is out there. We're going to lose out.

Its not so much if you wanted as I want Britain to be able to decide if we want it not have it forced on us by unelected people we never heard of. I'm not saying the people we elect will always do a better job but at least they are chosen by us.

Assuming all EU countries get them from the same place that'd most likely be the real reason :lol: Which begs the question, why are the brexiteers trying so desperately to paint the return to blue passports as a symbolic two fingers to the EU oppressors? It was never the EU that forced us to have them.

In reality, I'm not sure that could be the reason. Don't all member states have their own language on the front cover, as well as English and French? If so, they can't all be the same order.

EU passports don't even have to be burgundy. There are no EU rules specifying passport colour. For instance, the Croatian passport is black:
CsS39WVVUAEUUnk.jpg

Lol who cares what colour the passports are? I've got no intention of going to 'Europe'. Trying to get shot of it once and for all fercrissakes. Why the hell would I want to go there after all the trouble of breaking free from its shackles??

I guess most of us are sick to the back teeth of Brexit especially the lies and predictions from both sides, hows about asking the fundamental questions and you may get an answer though to be honest you probably wont for the aforementioned reasons.

sigh - I hear you

given that, and the likes of "I've got no intention of going to 'Europe'. Trying to get shot of it once and for all fercrissakes. Why the hell would I want to go there after all the trouble of breaking free from its shackles?", would it be ok to close the thread?
:doh:

sigh - I hear you

given that, and the likes of "I've got no intention of going to 'Europe'. Trying to get shot of it once and for all fercrissakes. Why the hell would I want to go there after all the trouble of breaking free from its shackles?", would it be ok to close the thread?
:doh:

I'm glad you liked that! But ye it's gotten well boring - can shut it down for me and with any luck that'll be the last we hear of it until the deed is done.

Totally agree, the whole thing was toxic from both sides adn divided us.

Now we are point scoring on a passport colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back