Stock pot, what size???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbotez

Regular.
Reaction score
Been to the market today, realised i didnt have enough corks for tomorrows bottling fest!!

Saw a stall with stock pots, quite cheap but dont really know what size i should go for. They have a 12 litre one for £8.99.

Question is, should i get a bigger one?? I wont one that will do for pretty much all occasions

I know the stall you mean, and I bought one of his 20 litre pots for £9.99
I think they are usually £10.99 but this one had a slightly bent lid, which I soon bent back.

Depends what you want it for really, for most winemaking uses the 20 would be plenty big enough, the 12 might be restrictive if you ever get onto country wines in larger volumes. Bear in mind that you always get what you pay for, I put a micrometer on mine and the wall thickness is only 0.5mm so it's not going to stand too much abuse.

well, its gonna be country wines, prob no more than 5 gallon brews at a time. If the 20litres are only 10.99 then i might just go for that.

off topic question but while i got ure attention ade, when can i start to look for Elderflowers?? :hmm:

Turbotez said:
off topic question but while i got ure attention ade, when can i start to look for Elderflowers?? :hmm:
It's your thread, if you think the original question has been dealt with you can take it wherever you want to.

Just checked my wine records, it was the second weekend of last June when I picked mine.

Back