STRONG, LONG brewing paddles and spoons

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivetide

Reaction score
I've been using the usual weak bendy white plastic long brewers paddles and spoons available from Youngs and most brew shops. Can anyone suggest an alternative? Where might I get something equally as long, but much stronger and just as easy to clean and sanitise in the UK? Stainless would be brilliant but other materials also good if you rate them.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I can't remember who but somebody on the forum made one up from copper, it looked like a good job as well :thumb:

I can only find spoons up to about 15" and not that impressive looking. No paddles outside US.

How do you feel about wood? :P :oops:

Thanks for that link. Bit pricey for plastic perhaps and can't see the measurements, but not a supplier I've seen before so that's great -- maybe importing from the US at expense really is the answer?

Mashing 10-12 kilos in a thermobox is making my current equipment curl up in flimsy embarrassment.

Hi Fivetide

below is a picture of my stainless paddle
ag12-3-paddle-1.jpg

it's 24" long ( :P ) and cost me around £20 including delivery. It has a few minor surface rust spots on it but it was the cheapest stainless paddle I could find.
I'll post the link to the website when I get home.

Here's the link Stainless Paddle

Mark

Latest posts

Back