Stuck fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave's Bunker

Reaction score
Hi everyone me again 🤷‍♂️, I've been struggling with a "stuck" fermentation, everything seems to be in order, sugar, water, yeast, heat etc but the flipflooping thing just refuses to start, I've tried a basic starter, pint of brew, extra yeast, nutrient and sugar but nothing. I'm looking for a bit of advice guy's, the brew is a mixture of 2 kit's, 1kg sugar plus 500gms enhancer. Cheers and happy brewing

I'd need more specifics to attempt a diagnosis. You're saying that it hasn't begun to ferment at all?
If you have an active starter and around room temperature and sugar, there's no way it wouldn't begin fermenting.

Can you be more specific!
Made me laugh.
Because what you have in the OP shows no areas to check, it comes down to the whole process being picked over. So a brief overview of your whole procedure would work.
Specific recipe you followed?
Temperatures for fermentation.
What kind of yeast and did you have proof it was active? It sounded like the starter was active.
There aren't many reasons for why a beer won't begin fermenting.

original gravity reading, current gravity reading, fermentation temperature and yeast used would be a good starting point. If you've put two kits, a load of sugar and enhancer into 15l of water for example, I'd imagine your yeast has reached its limit.

Latest posts

Back