Taprite regulators

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiparawe

Reaction score
I’ve recently scored a bargain set of 3 taprite regulators. Unfortunately the gas outlet is male threaded and I have no idea what fitting I can use for my pipes. I’d prefer a John Guest fitting rather than a barbed fitting but don’t know what size fitting. Does anyone have any experience with these?
733AC0D1-E0DE-4F21-9897-76FF1250FEEF.jpeg

Bit late to the party but I bought a pair of Taprite regulators from the US as our American friends thing a lot about them. Bit of a gamble as I knew the threads were different but at about 1/3rd of the price of buying in the UK. Bought UK nut which I swapped on arrival and since then everything has been great. Seriously bit of quality kit👍

Bit late to the party but I bought a pair of Taprite regulators from the US as our American friends thing a lot about them. Bit of a gamble as I knew the threads were different but at about 1/3rd of the price of buying in the UK. Bought UK nut which I swapped on arrival and since then everything has been great. Seriously bit of quality kit👍
To clarify to others that are reading this... you're talking about the regulator-to-cylinder connection that needed swapping from the American CGA320 to the UK (European) G1/4 (w21.8 ch30) size aren't you?

Hi Foxbat, yes that's correct and I should have been clearer but was more giving a thumbs up to what I think is a first class regulator. The swap was a quick and simple exercise should anyone be considering it.

Just another quick question. Of the 3regulators only the centre ones needle returns to zero when turned off and purged. The other two seem to sit around 10psi. Is there any way of adjusting them?

Latest posts

Back