Tesco Direct - Homebrew - Sale Now Back On

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The demijohn is good value?

http://www.tesco.com/direct/youngs-1-gallon-glass-demijohn/213-2368.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=213-2368

I'm lucky to have a supplier that's close to me and is pretty competitive compared to these prices. Has anyone spotted any other bargains that they think is value?

Patience, eBay and local collection.
I bet I've over 20 demijohns, and I've not paid over a tenner for the lot. Only pay £6 a pop if you need it in an emergency - there are so many already in circulation looking for a good home.

So I've saved £9.00 on BKE and £10 on the beer kits, thus £19.00 saved.
Frankly I'll take it while it's there and be glad of it. Like I say, it's stuff I'd be buying anyway.
If you've a cheaper supplier I'm sure we'd all be very grateful for a 'heads up'..

I shop at brew uk. Sign in,leave items in your basket for a few days and they send you a 5% off code. Most the stuff they sell is already cheaper than most places. You have to spend £65 for free delivery.

My last order was around £120 ish and saved £6. They sell wlp300 which is a major plus.

I was walking around tesco last night with the plan of coming home and cleaning 50 glass bottles to bottle my cider.
Saw the 24 PET 500ml's for 7 quid... Bought all the shop had.
Saved me hours.

Yeah... I have. I actually just went and counted my bottles, just to make sure I wasn't talking pants - x45 500ml's. And I still have the print out in the box explaining why.

Mind you, I did buy my kit a good couple of months ago (from Tesco) so sounds like maybe things have changed recently.

***Edit:
Second review from the top (from 1 month ago), sort by most recent, states 30 bottles supplied when nearly 40 would be required! Well spotted Malkin71... I wouldn't have been too happy about that either.

You were right. Think the guy doing feedback was making a random comment.

Ordered one elsewhere anyways. £10 extra but comes with wheat beer instead.

"I was walking around tesco last night with the plan of coming home and cleaning 50 glass bottles to bottle my cider.
Saved me hours."

Dont know of many peeps who wouldn't sterilize the bottles before use, new or old !!!

"I was walking around tesco last night with the plan of coming home and cleaning 50 glass bottles to bottle my cider.
Saved me hours."

Dont know of many peeps who wouldn't sterilize the bottles before use, new or old !!!
I sterilised them, but the old glass ones had been in the shed for years and needed soaking.
I had to bottle up that night. Only chance I had. Instead of cleaning for 3 hours, took me only 1.

Latest posts

Back