The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, our economic model is GROWTH centric so that means more of everything, that include roads and rail, housing, energy, food.
Maybe technology can offset some area of growth but not all.
Apart from smoking where they want less apparently.

I'm not a smoker, I don't like ciggie smoke but you can probably guess what they will come after next .... us lot.

Can you imagine the carnage if we have 8 lane motoways people struggle with 3 and 4.

Apart from smoking where they want less apparently.
This is another cock up if you stop people buying them legally all they will do is buy them illegally it will also mean more young people will vape which I thought they were trying to discourage by banning one time use vapes that are affordable to young kids and that end up littering our streets.

Can you imagine the carnage if we have 8 lane motoways people struggle with 3 and 4.
We'll have to follow 'murica's lead and allow overtaking on both sides. I've already seen quite a lot of that on 3-4 lane motorways in the uk already. middle lane hogging will no longer be a problem and audi drivers will be delighted :laugh8:

I thought they were not building any more smart mways. they have killed enough on 4 lanes the carnage on 8 well the mind boggles
I dont think these will be smart motorways they will be normal motorways with a lot more lanes.

1696525669959.png

BBC News - HS2 will not go to Euston without private funds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67021225
This is such a cluster ****. I hadn't even realised this last part.

So now HS2, the government's flagship "leveling up" project will go from Birmingham to 'somewhere outside London'. Fat load of good that'll do anyone. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Exactly, instead of 20 mins faster you'll have to **** about changing trains in old oak common, we must be a laughing stock.

Summary​

1. Labour has overturned huge Conservative majorities to win Thursday's two by-elections Mid Bedfordshire and Tamworth
  2. Labour emerged victorious in Mid Bedfordshire - Nadine Dorries' former seat - where the Tories were defending a majority of more than 24,000
  3. On a visit to Mid Beds party leader Sir Keir Starmer said the results were phenomenal and marked "history in the making"
  4. The result shows “nowhere is off limits", said new MP Alistair Strathern, a former maths teacher
  5. The Conservatives were also defeated in Tamworth, where Labour's Sarah Edwards overturned a majority of more than 19,000
  6. Tories have blamed the low turnout, saying their biggest problem was voters staying at home - and also pointed to the local context
BBC news

Tories have blamed the low turnout, saying their biggest problem was voters staying at home
🤣 they can't even be bothered to come up with decent excuses for their enormous loss! 🤣😂

Though in fairness, they are correct in part... The "low turnout" of Tory voters and the "high turnout" of labour voters is indeed why Labour got more votes! 😂🤦‍♀️

Well if this is the trend going forward looks like we are in for 10 more years of pain and suffering. god help us
Instead of trotting out the same old same old every time someone posts in this thread why don't you tell us what needs to happen for this to change bearing in mind there is only 12 months before the election, no point in saying proportional representation as I imagine we all want that but it's not going to happen before the general election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back