The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starmer says Tories party of 'chaos and division'​

The Labour leader is then asked about Rishi Sunak's speech from earlier today, during which the prime minister played up the threat posed by ongoing wars and the need to prioritise national security.
The reporter asks: "Would the country be less safe with you as prime minister?"
Starmer says the first duty of any government is national security. That will be his first priority, he says.
Sunak is on his seventh reset in 18 months, Starmer says.
He adds that the choice at this election is between a changed Labour party or continuing with "chaos and division" with the Conservatives.

Starmer: Labour 'laser focused' on living standards​

Keir Starmer remarks to reporters that it's been "really good" to get Labour mayors together in the West Midlands to draw up plans for growth.
He says Rishi Sunak's government keeps saying that everything is fine - but "everybody knows it isn't".
Labour is "laser focused" on living standards in every part of the country, Starmer says.
He then goes on to acknowledge how many voters put their confidence in Labour mayors and he wants to repay their trust.
Labour won 10 of the 11 elected mayoralties up for grabs in the local elections this month.

Notice he doesn't say yes or no :laugh8:

Will Boris Johnson be part of the campaign?

The next question put to Sunak asks whether former Conservative Prime Minister Boris Johnson will be a part of the party's election campaign.

"I want every Conservative who shares the vision that I do to be part of that campaign, Sunak replies.

He adds that the Conservative party is "a broad church".

Sunak says the election campaign is not Tory against Tory. He says the choice is between him and Keir Starmer as well as the future versus the past.

1715606546483.png

An endowment policy for the same amount of monthly payment as a life insurance policy will generally pay out less because part of the premium will be provided to get a payout out if you survive the policy term whereas life insurance pays out on death only usually. sometimes you can get a reduced payout if terminally ill so you can see some of the benefit yourself. (rather than your surviving other half running off with a 25 yr old gold digger leaving the kids destitute)

Last edited:

Summary

1. Two ministers change their travel plans, amid rumours that Rishi Sunak may announce a general election date
  2. In response, Downing Street says only that the election will take place in the second half of the year - which it's already committed to
  3. Foreign Secretary Lord Cameron cuts short a trip to Albania to "attend a meeting in London", while Defence Secretary Grant Shapps delays an overseas trip to attend cabinet
  4. Meanwhile, Chancellor Jeremy Hunt cancels an appearance on ITV this evening, and Home Office ministers' diaries are "being cleared"
  5. Earlier, the SNP's Westminster leader asked Sunak in the Commons if he was "feart" (scared) of holding an election
  6. Sunak replied that the election would take place in the second half of the year

With plenty of time to brew a celebratory ale. I think I'll hold a street party of the beer and curry festival variety. I can feel the joy welling up just like the gases do the morning after a chicken phaal and 20 pints of Stella. Now what shall I brew?

Last edited:

Summary

1. Rishi Sunak announces a 4 July general election in a statement outside Downing Street
  2. After discussing the Covid pandemic, and the war in Ukraine, he says the question is "who do you trust?"
  3. Sunak says he's proud of what his government has achieved, including on NHS spending and education
  4. The statement came after a day of mounting speculation in Westminster
  5. Earlier, Foreign Secretary Lord Cameron cut short a trip to Albania, while Defence Secretary Grant Shapps delayed an overseas trip to attend cabinet

A general election. At last. What joy.
Is like having lived with a terminal illness and suddenly being told, hang on, we might very well have made a mistake.

Look. Even the sun's come out of hiding. ☀️

I'm amazed he didn't go for February to give him an extra 6 months in power.

Maybe he's just fed up with it all and wants out early ?

Latest posts

Back