The night before crossing to the dark side!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well done ab :thumb: time for a reflective pint ....... and plan the next one :!:

dennisking said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Bet your gagging for the next brew, additive isn't it.

I just hope it tastes good, got the required sg and amount of liqour the only downside is its really cloudy. Looking forward to handing my mates a beer that will make them go 'fcuking hell did you make that'! hopefully it will be that good, if not, it was Dunfie's recipe and i'll blame it on him!

Like the brew pouch abey, i have one of those , he is 14 this year an oldman now.

I wouldn't worry about the cloudiness thats only the break it should settle out. I was always jealous of Uncle P's cold break photo's i finally managed it after 12 brews the other week :lol: :lol:

Well done anyway.

:cheers:

Well done Abey, you must be one of the most experienced brewers to cross over to the darkside, no going back now :clap: :drink: :drink:

Great set of pics a :cool: Regards the break, if you carried it to fv then the yeast will throw a lot of it up on top of the cake, you can skim it off then if you want, but only take the dark brown stuff off, leave the nice looking yeast underneath, otherwise just leave it 'as is'. Other than the cooling time (the quicker the better) there's no substitute for leaving the break to drop and that's not easy brewing in the house :roll: If it's an option to you you could rack the cloudy wort to a fv, move it somewhere else to clear, then rack again to final fv....it's more of a pain but try telling that to the wife or kids when they want their dinner...for some reason they're not too sympathetic :roll: :lol: :drink:

Baz Chaz said:
Dieseljockey said:
Your all crazy......you know that.... :twisted: :lol: :lol:

You sound surprised :whistle:

anyway, you don't get this daft overnight you know .....

it takes practice :wha:

Barking Baz :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm with you on that Baz....barking myself.....

Well done Ab...your first one done, now it's time to look at your next recipe mate... :thumb:

Boiling hops in the kitchen, you must have a very understanding partner. :mrgreen:

dennisking said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Bet your gagging for the next brew, additive isn't it.
A little... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

BB :P

When I last boiled hops in the kitchen my wife came home and said the house smelled great. Am I in the minority?

My wife likes the malt smells hates the hop smells, good job I have plenty of US and New Zealand hops to use. :lol:

just a wee update folks, bottled this today.had a try from the sample jar and its rather nice!.I had keg from Fyne Ales which I've filled aswell as you can see in the pic!
IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

abeyptfc said:
..... just a wee update folks, bottled this today.had a try from the sample jar and its rather nice!

Here starts the willpower test :lol:

If you can manage the wait you'll see a big difference each week and the difference AG makes :thumb:

.... and it really isn't that difficult is it, just a bit more time consuming :idea:

Baz Chaz said:
abeyptfc said:
..... just a wee update folks, bottled this today.had a try from the sample jar and its rather nice!

Here starts the willpower test :lol:

If you can manage the wait you'll see a big difference each week and the difference AG makes :thumb:

.... and it really isn't that difficult is it, just a bit more time consuming :idea:

yeah 2nd time round it was alot easier! cheers.

Back