The Queen.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It has just been announced the Queen has died.

I know some members were not fans could we keep those views out of this thread, thanks.

1662658766578.png

Queen Elizabeth II, the UK's longest-serving monarch, has died at Balmoral aged 96, after reigning for 70 years.

Her family gathered at her Scottish estate after concerns grew about her health earlier on Thursday.

The Queen came to the throne in 1952 and witnessed enormous social change.

With her death, her eldest son Charles, the former Prince of Wales, will lead the country in mourning as the new King and head of state for 14 Commonwealth realms.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: "The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

"The King and the Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow."

All the Queen's children travelled to Balmoral, near Aberdeen, after doctors placed the Queen under medical supervision.

Her grandson, Prince William, is also there, with his brother, Prince Harry, on his way.

BBC News.

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, I never met the Queen, but an anti-royalist, left-wing, republican friend did because of his charitable endeavours. They had a long chat and he said she was 'down to earth and very, very funny'. A tough job to win him over, but she did it.

Whether you're a royalist or not, we need to mark the passing of a decent human being whose devotion to duty should be held up as an example to all.

RIP

I never meant Her Majesty either, but she wrote to me twice. The first time was ‘in the Sixth Year of Our Reign’ (1957) on my becoming a Pilot Officer during my National Service, and the other just before lockdown, to wish my wife and I a Happy Diamond Wedding Anniversary.

I remember my first indication of George VI’s passing was as a schoolboy, and noticing a Union Flag flying at half-mast from Oundle Church Tower, and that evening, at a special Service in the School Chapel, it sounded so strange to be singing ‘God Save Our Gracious QUEEN’.

I was around when ‘Bugger Bognor’ George Vth died, but don’t remember it as I was only 17 months old!

I'm not a Royalist but i had a lot of respect for the Queen. She dedicated 70 years of her life to this country and all it's people. She had a great sense of humour, loved the Paddington bear sandwich sketch. Hope she rests in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back