The Range Red Wine Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bottled the red wine kit from The Range on 4 July this year and tried the first bottle this evening. This is the second time I’ve done this kit. It’s a very nice wine, with a medium body, but it’s a lot dryer than the previous kit. This isn’t a criticism as it’s still a very nice wine, but I did leave it longer in the FV this time. Whatever the case, it’s a very nice quaffable wine, which at 11% is strong enough for me, and I’ve still got 26 bottles for Christmas!

We make this *regularly as we are not keen on full bodied red wine i would describe it as between Red and Rosé.

*When we can find it in the store, there seems to be a problem with supply at the Range stores they are often listed as sold out on the website.

Last edited:
This is their current stock, American IPA not shown but is listed - Check stock here

1698579611626.png

Last edited:
I just think it’s pot luck whether you see it in the store or not. I’m in the South Wales valleys, and have three shops within about 30 minutes drive from me. If I need a particular kit, I drive to each store, in the hope that one of them will have what I’m looking for.

I just think it’s pot luck whether you see it in the store or not

It didn't used to be that way when we first discovered them around 5 years ago, i guess people have discovered like us they are a decent kit at a very low price so they now fly off the shelves.

I've just done this kit and bottled it about two weeks ago. How long would you recommend leaving it before trying a bottle?

I've just done this kit and bottled it about two weeks ago. How long would you recommend leaving it before trying a bottle?
In our house they dont get time to age once bottled they are usually tried the same day, they are fine when new but may benefit from a few weeks, the only way to find out is to give one a try.

Thanks @Chippy_Tea I did have a little sample when I bottled. The idea was to have them ready for Xmas and buy the sounds of it why should be all good for then.

Thanks @GazzaW57 I guess two months in the bottle is better than me bottling them on Xmas Eve! I've got the Rose kit, maybe worth doing that sometime soon ready for next summer.

Back