Torrified Wheat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one TS. I'll get some of them while they're still in stock. Makes a change from everything being described as having bloody grapefruit flavours... :sick: I want to try some more exotic hops, but they all seem to have that awful grapefruit description.

Oi

Wot you got against grapefruit?

Some of my best mates are grapefruits

Drank a litre of grapefruit juice today....mmmm.

Anyways, I remember the biscuit, cereal thread about torrified wheat.

I used it at the start of my HB AG blind and dumped about half MO and t'wheat. Is did have a cereal like biscuit flavour but I didn't mind.

I like the amber/crystal malts mashed at higher temps to give a more malty toasted flavour.

But that's Just me.

I still add a small percentage with each brew for the foamy head retention it does provide. :-)

It is the most vile fruit in the world. It's like tasting aftershave.

Off topic but i agree, why spoil a great plate of food by adding it -

the-travellers-rest.jpg

Final post on this. My Armadillo Pale Ale with the 0.4kg torrified wheat is not quite 100% clear yet (5 days in the cold after carbonating) but is very drinkable. I can't detect any specific torrified wheat flavours, and the Armadillo hops are very nice and orangey...not a hint of grapefruit. I'll make this one again next year and use torrified wheat more regularly. Not sure how much flavour characteristics are from the WLP028 yeast, but its very agreeable.

P1030790.jpg

Latest posts

Back